Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Do you still get pumped? >

Do you still get pumped?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Do you still get pumped?

Old 05-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you still get pumped?

I've been on this board for a couple years and there are a few guys on hear that limit out on turkeys every season and some times in multible states. I know most of you regulars know I hunt public land and I am lucky If I kill one bird every season. And man let me tell ya when it finally comes together thats a high no drug could match. My ? is do you guys that know your going to tag out every year do you still get excited or has that part of turkey hunting let you?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you still get pumped?

..i still get a little excited,but ive hunted public land all my life.except the old farm
and it never was posted...
Old 05-18-2004, 08:14 PM

yeah i do or i wouldnt still be huntin..as much
Old 05-18-2004, 08:32 PM

To Me If You Dont Get Exiteed When You Get A Turkey Whats the Point Of Even Going Out In The Woods...[&:]
I Get Exited Heck I Feel Like I Could Fly
Old 05-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

How can you not get excited? I never even have to pull the trigger to stay pumped at bringing in an old gobbler. I guide, I tag along to call, film, whatever.....just be out tagged filled or no tag filled...If the thrill has left you, might as well stay home and buy a Butterball. [&:]
Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM

Most definitely! I usually tag out every season....but the adrenaline high of turkey hunting is just as intense as it was the first time.

There's so much more to spring hunting ...getting a nice gobbler is just the icing on the cake.

If I don't get a bird, I just tell myself that, "I won't have to get all messy taking care of the meat!"
Old 05-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Well I have had an awesome spring so far, and let me tell you each and every bird I got to come in was like the first one. I am like a kid in a candy store that is going out of business and everything is free. It's not about tagging out, It's about the hunt getting him is just a bonus. I made some new friends this year in the other states that I hunted and that made it even that much better.
IMO there is no such feeling as fooling that OLE Tom making him do exactly the opposite of what he is supposed to do and that is call him to the hen.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me just say...hell yeah!

However, because of my work schedule and these unbearable warm humid low pressure fronts dominating New England right now, the turkey hunting is rough.

Birds are gobble shy, even those that haven't seen much pressure. I set-up 75 yards from 3 longbeards today, and they only gave me a courtesy gobble---1 each---to let me know where they were. Played soft and seductive, they each flew down a different direction, and none of them wanted to play.

First time in years I haven't punched a tag or two by now, and it's starting to grate on my ego a little Although I have had my chances, just either been inundated with too many eyes or just been too picky on specific hunts on certain properties...

I told the wife I thought about giving up this Spring, because of the skeeters and the heat, and she just says..."yeah, you'll quit when the season is over and you can't hunt anymore..."

I guess she knows me better than I know myself sometimes...
Old 05-19-2004, 11:49 AM

I am still new to the sport and my excitement has not waivered as of yet, and if it does, I will find something else to do in the Spring. Many people say it's not about filling the tag and I agree with them, but you have to admit, when a hunt comes together and you walk out of the woods with a longbeard, there is no feeling like it in the world. Each time I go out and hunt, I gain a deeper respect for the turkey and it's keen senses in the wilderness.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

pumped is a understatement,i know it sounds funny but turkey hunting is in my thoughts everyday,i think of my shot this year and play it over and over,memories i will have forever.watching that gobbler come strutting in out of the corner of my eye was as exciting as it gets.i am truly addicted much to my wifes dismay.i tell fellow hunters that never hunted a wild turkey they dont know what they are missing.i keep a journal of my hunts so as memories eventually fade i can go back to relive them.

Quick Reply: Do you still get pumped?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.