Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Strategy for tight lipped Gobblers >

Strategy for tight lipped Gobblers

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Strategy for tight lipped Gobblers

Old 05-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Strategy for tight lipped Gobblers

Well everything changed this weekend the birds in our area were very active. My son and I had a great time.At about 6:15 got one Tom into about 40 yards and he decided to go up the hill to a hen.We were having a little calling contest and she won. I never saw the bird but my son said he had the red dot on his head and decided taking the shot wasn' the right thing to do.

About 8:00 I called in three Toms gobbling their heads off coming in quick. I was about thirty yards behind my son. He decides to turn and give me a hand signal that there were three Toms. I don't thinlk he'll ever do that again lol. Told him I'd hit him in the head with a rock if he did.He's learning. Had I been alone it would have proably ended different. Don't care though. Hunting with my son is about the most enjoyable thing I heve ever done. Went out and bought one of those tree umbellas to use as a blind for him.

Worked some other birds that just refused to cross the road. We don't have permission on that side so we gave it a shot. Actually heard a car put it's brakes on at one point.

Birds were gobbling until we left the woods. Great day just couldn't finish the job. The fun has started!!

Totoe, I know what you mean we have to quit at noon. We hunt until noon.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:27 AM

I know it's the law but what is the reason for not hunting past noon or 1 pm? Why was this law put into effect?
Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

So you don't scare hens off their nests I think.