Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Coyote vs 3.5" #5 Hevi Shot >

Coyote vs 3.5" #5 Hevi Shot

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Coyote vs 3.5" #5 Hevi Shot

Old 04-24-2004, 09:53 PM

Default RE: Coyote vs 3.5" #5 Hevi Shot

it didn't blow a big bad hole in it, so you could stuff it, make a rug, put it in a nasty neighbors mailbox. The critter did smell nasty though, they are quite nasty. Tasted kinda like chicken or maybe more like manatee or bald eagle
Old 04-24-2004, 10:12 PM

First off let me say turkey hunting is probably the most thrilling hunt i have found. But i also must say I consider myself a wildlife enthusiast, and am also an avid trapper and predator hunter. So these remarks those "nasty" coyotes trouble me. Who exactly do you think you are to poision and kill an animal that is hunting to survive only so you will have more turkeys to hunt yourself!![:@] Yes coyotes, like any other animal, need to be controlled that is why there are hunting and trapping seasons. So instead of being lazy and just poisioning them to "get rid of them" go out and do some calling or trapping, during the winter when the pelts are worth something. I think we owe at least some respect to the animals we hunt!!!!!

Well gotta go now i see there are some deer eating the clover i planted for the the turkeys I got a hot RPG aimed their way, wish me luck!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. And bigcat, I agree that coyotes are neat animals that are just trying to survive, but I dont want to kill them and let them lay. I just want one so I can make a rug. I'll probably get it in the fall while trying specifically for them however.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:12 AM

Big Cat, bite me is my 1st response. I didn't say i was going to poison them, but i may or may not, most likely not. I have done it before, but that was when we were having a problem with them attacking newborn calves, and i am glad we did it, the problem was solved. You are more than welcome to bring your happy arse to N Fla and trap and call to your hearts content
Old 04-25-2004, 08:36 AM

Also, Coyotes are not native here in Florida, they were accidentally introduced by fox hunters that had them in large fenced areas, and they escaped. One could make the argument that they are an exotic or non-native critter and should be exterminated, by whatever means possible, and i may be wrong, but i think its legal to kill as many of them whenever, no season here
Old 04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

my hunting buddy di the same thing last year
Old 04-25-2004, 10:29 PM

Never mind then, i see ethics are of little concern to some. Yes a nuisance animal should be controlled but hopefuly something should be salvaged from its loss of life. I was taught when i first started hunting that i didnt want to eat it or wear it i damned well better not pull the trigger, and to make sure of this pa made sure i enjoyed my first wild game meal. Yumy sparrows may not have much meat but are damn good.

Shoot and kill at will, because you are right i will never make it down to Fla. due to income not choice. Maybe some day ill be rich and i might stop by and see if there is any game left in the area, everything lives in a cycle and predators are the top kill them you might one day say goodbye to your last turk too.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:33 PM

I realize some may have other views and are completely intitled to, im not trying to disrespect anyone just trying to illustrate a different point of view.

Secondly to jepcho, good luck man. They are a beautiful animal and would make a great trophy room addition. If you ever need some advice on getting one all you got to do is ask, might not be a pro but i might be able to help with some advice.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, bigcat, for the offer. This fall I'll probably try to get a hold of you for some pointers. Feel free to email me anytime.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcat fhsu

Never mind then, i see ethics are of little concern to some. Yes a nuisance animal should be controlled but hopefuly something should be salvaged from its loss of life. I was taught when i first started hunting that i didnt want to eat it or wear it i damned well better not pull the trigger, and to make sure of this pa made sure i enjoyed my first wild game meal. Yumy sparrows may not have much meat but are damn good.

Shoot and kill at will, because you are right i will never make it down to Fla. due to income not choice. Maybe some day ill be rich and i might stop by and see if there is any game left in the area, everything lives in a cycle and predators are the top kill them you might one day say goodbye to your last turk too.
Killing non-native exotics that attack our income source (cattle) is un-ethical? Go hug a coyote if you want to, but i will continue to blast these bastards when i get the chance. Post your address and i'll ship you that 'yote and you can eat it or stuff it, but it might be a little smelly now

Quick Reply: Coyote vs 3.5" #5 Hevi Shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.