HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Took my 3rd Tom this morning (Pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/58274-took-my-3rd-tom-morning-pics.html)

Anthony Hunter 04-08-2004 09:58 AM

Took my 3rd Tom this morning (Pics)

I went out this morning and parked on a ridge. I stood at my truck and drank a cup of Joe and waited for the sun to bring the woods alive. When the turkeys woke, I had a tom to my east on one to the west. The bird to the west we much closer and also sounded more mature than the bird on the east, which I assumed to be a Jake. I moved as close I could on the bird that was to my west and found a good tree to set up at. I called and he gobbled real close so I gave him another call and got ready. I could see down the road for about 50 yards as he rounded the corner and was at a half trot in my direction. At about 25 yards he stopped started strutting and gave me an opportunity to check his size and beard. I almost let him walk until he turned sideways and I could see the full length of his beard, at that moment I squeezed the trigger, filling my last tag of the year.:D:DFrom the time I decided to move on this bird until the time I shot was maybe 15 minutes, it all happened so fast. I dont think I have ever had a hunting season go so easy, three hunts - three birds and its still the first week of the season. At least I still get to call for my son and one of his fiends that I am taking out for his first hunt this weekend. Hope their hunt goes as well as mind did. Here are a few Pics

Beard: 9.75 in
Left Spur: 7/8 in
Right Spur 7/8 in
Weight: 19.5 lbs

bobcat 10 04-08-2004 10:13 AM

RE: Took my 3rd Tom this morning (Pics)

congrats on the bird.........;)

MarineStud 04-08-2004 10:38 AM

congrats on the nice looking bird, hopefully if i get a chance to go out i'll get my bird

Martin Cougar 04-08-2004 10:47 AM

Congrats -

Our season doesn't even start until May 1st...[&o]

Doemasters 04-08-2004 11:08 AM

Great job on a nice longbeard. Just a curious question... What kind of calling did you do? It all happened so fast, did you do a fly-down, full yelps, or just tree calls? Again, congrats.

timberjack82 04-08-2004 12:03 PM

nice bird, congratulations. And I wish your son and his friend luck while your callin for them.

DearSlayer357 04-08-2004 12:14 PM

congratulations! the turkey season in ohio hasnt even started yet:(

ElCid05 04-08-2004 12:39 PM

I have been twice in SC to no avail.

Saturday is the opener in VA. Hope to have some pics for next week.

Beautiful pics....good lookin bird.

Andy

Antler Eater 04-08-2004 02:36 PM

3 for 3! Wow, that is hard to beat. Congratulations!

Turkey Addict 04-08-2004 02:54 PM

Wow your a turkey killing machine! Congratts to you!