Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Went scouting Friday night... (Pics) >

Went scouting Friday night... (Pics)

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Went scouting Friday night... (Pics)

Old 04-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Went scouting Friday night... (Pics)

Just got back into town Friday afternoon and decided to go pre-scouting. Boy, I'm glad I did! Too bad this spot is about an hour away from where I was planning to start hunting. The good thing is I doubt many other hunters know about this spot. Anywho, I was driving around and tried my gobbler and no response. So I broke out one of my other locator calls and **BAM**! He hits me right back. I go up in the area a little farther and then I spot him only about 25 yards away. By the time I dig my camera out he's gone but I decide to chase after him for some photos. I found him not too far away just crusing through the trees back and forth. He saw me but didn't seem too alarmed so I got some pretty good shots. He was about 75 yards away and the light was failing but here's what I managed to get. Man, I can't WAIT until April 15th to get here!!!!

-Power

Anyone speculate how long that beard would be? Seems like most of the Toms around here don't go much past 9 inches or so.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:37 AM

Default RE: Went scouting Friday night... (Pics)

Power,

Looks to me like he's about 8 inches. I had one last year that i took, looked just like it. Judging from the distance.

Good luck.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Went scouting Friday night... (Pics)

very cool , thanks for sharing