HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! Team 8 I blew it. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/57835-stupid-stupid-stupid-stupid-team-8-i-blew.html)

dog1 04-04-2004 07:55 AM

stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! Team 8 I blew it.

Team 8 I blew it for us this morning with the most stupid mistake anybody could ever make. I got set up on a gobbler this morning, probably no more than 75 yards, started calling, he would gobble and I would answer. This went on for no more than 15 minutes win another and younger gobbler walked up behind me. I guess he caught me moving my hand to work the call, folks I blew it, he putted and flaped his wings so hard, from probably 3 feet, trying to get out of there. Naturally I jerked my head around and when I did the big boy was within 30 yards and he putted and took off. After I got my wits back I tried to call and calm us all down, hopeing the big bird would come back, he didn't. I just packed up my toys and went to the house.

dog1:(

Squirrelhunter91 04-04-2004 08:34 AM

RE: stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! Team 8 I blew it.

aw man dont worry about it.... we still gonna win... besides my turkey season hasnt even opend yet. and im going to an apple orchard... lots of turks in there....

JW 04-04-2004 08:59 AM

Aw dog1....don't fret too much about it.......U - B - on the board and representing Team #8 while a lot of us haven't even started!

Ain't huntin' grand......what you did was typical human behavior....that we all react too!

Dang! At least you already have 2 and are hunting for more......I leave in 2 days....for my month and ahlf long quest.......I just wish that nasty four letter word...W.O.R.K. wasn't gettin' in the way!

But then again too ...breakin it up.....hopefully.....will keep me sharp......Hey thanks...you have shared a tipe we all need to know.....hear soemthing weird...FREEEEEEEEEEEZE!

:eek:

JW

huntnma 04-04-2004 09:04 AM

you were out there.......nothing better than that...:D

Tree climber 04-04-2004 09:13 AM

we've all done it [&o].

totoe 04-04-2004 11:33 AM

......LOL....thats why it is calling hunting...just kidding..:(:(

Gobbling Buck 04-04-2004 06:03 PM

Don't fret about that. I've been busted several times this year. The last time was.......well, the last time I was in the woods.[:@] Just remember where they were and get on them again. Chances are they putted and took off but really didn't know what you were. They'll calm back down and be back.

sunset 04-05-2004 04:14 PM

A day in the woods is better than a day at work anytime...no matter what happens!!