HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Youth harvested a turk in Ky today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/57796-youth-harvested-turk-ky-today.html)

sunset 04-03-2004 06:03 PM

Youth harvested a turk in Ky today

I went to Kentucky today to a friends house. His nephew got a nice Tom. All of us adults were just as excited as he was.
Gotta love the youth days that are in some states!!!!
How many states have youth hunts?

Washington Hunter 04-03-2004 06:41 PM

RE: Youth harvested a turk in Ky today

Ours does.

Too bad this year I am no longer considered a 'Youth' hunter. :(

Squirrelhunter91 04-03-2004 07:17 PM

NY does, April 24th and the 25th... coming up soon- i cant wait, i cant wait, i cant wait.....

Tree climber 04-04-2004 05:41 AM

congrats. to the young hunter.

sunset , was it his first bird ?

jalvja 04-04-2004 06:00 AM

Sunset,Girl you can't come on here and say someone got a bird.We like details:) weight,beard and spurs.Gotta hear about the hunt:) Congrats to the young hunter.Maybe you can post his picture.(we really love pictures:D) Pa. will have it's first ever youth hunt on the 24th.My 12 yr old will be out after his second turkey but his first Spring bird.

sunset 04-04-2004 06:40 AM

oops sorry jalvja...
I went to this friends house for a different reason, I was delivering some things to him. I didn't even know the hunt was going on till I got there. The boy was my friends nephew. Just a few minutes after I got there he brought this bird up from the woods.
He showed me how to dress it out. I asked to watch. I will be going to my first turkey hunt at this farm and another farm in ohio.
so......sorry on the pics i wish i had gotten some.
this boy was a pro, it was not his first. he whipped through the cleaning and he explained how to treat the bird like an old timer. It was great!!
I gotta tell ya, between Pat Ely, Youngbuck76, Smittync1, Ed Owens,and this forum, you guys have got me hooked on turkey hunting. I have been practicing turkey calls since Pat & Ed came here to hunt this past year. I'm not saying I'm any good, but, I have been practicing lol.....
I will take pics when I get my bird!! ;):) {Go TEAM 8!!!!}

jalvja 04-04-2004 07:21 AM

OK Sunset,I'll forgive ya this time but remember when you get your bird this year I expect pictures and the story:) By the way,You have some pretty good teachers;)

huntnma 04-04-2004 09:10 AM

congrats on an awesome hunt....:D:D:D

sunset 04-04-2004 11:00 AM

OK Sunset,I'll forgive ya this time but remember when you get your bird this year I expect pictures and the story By the way,You have some pretty good teachers
yeppers on the pic & story :)....I'll try not to blind you with the smile. I'm sure I'll be grinnin' a big ear to ear one if I do get one. LOL

and yep on the teachers.....I feel privileged:)