HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   what would you shoot regular wild turkey or albino turkey (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/57043-what-would-you-shoot-regular-wild-turkey-albino-turkey.html)

bobcat 10 03-26-2004 03:18 PM

what would you shoot regular wild turkey or albino turkey

what if you called in a albino gobbler with a 10 inch beard and was 24 pounds.......wright behind the albino was the wild tom....that had 6 beards that was 11 inches long and the turkey was 27 pounds....which one would you shoot .....i would shoot the regular tom......because i already have shot a albino gobbler......which one would you shoot.....

PowDuck 03-26-2004 06:53 PM

RE: what would you shoot regular wild turkey or albino turkey

Tough decision. I hope I have that dilema. I might have to let their heads line up and take them both.

Heck if I know. Good question. Both would be trophies.

Squirrelhunter91 03-26-2004 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: PowDuck

I might have to let their heads line up and take them both.

yea i probably would do the same...lol good question

totoe 03-26-2004 07:33 PM

...Billy the Kid.....boom-boom--:eek:

bobcat 10 03-26-2004 09:28 PM

.....it would be a hard decision.....

Adrian J Hare 03-27-2004 04:04 AM

I would have Stop everything and Go back home and go to bed , because the drinks from the night before are still in effect! :D I would never be that Lucky!...BT

jalvja 03-27-2004 04:54 PM

I'd shoot whichever one gave me the best shot and I'd walk outta the woods happier than a jackass eatin green briars.

Phish-On! 03-28-2004 02:38 AM

Like Jalvja, whichever one gave me the clear shot. Either one I would be very happy with. ;) I've yet to see a true albino, but I've seen a piebald version before, just not in range.

BuckoDuck 03-28-2004 10:30 AM

Bobcat 10, I shot an albino turkey last year in Missouri. It was a jake but it still was a trophy to me. Just got it back recently from the taxidermist. Given the chance to shoot a reg. tom or an albino I would still shoot the albino. Just to see one in the wild, let alone have chance to take one is so rare that I would have to shoot the white one.

Tree climber 03-28-2004 05:23 PM

albino , no question,even if they both got away,I would try the albino.