Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 overstaying your welcome >

overstaying your welcome

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

overstaying your welcome

Old 03-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: overstaying your welcome

We have a piece of land that we hunt for ducks, that we hunt every year. Every weekend before we hunt I get ahold of the landowner and ask him if its ok if we hunt there. I know the guy pretty well and he has never once told me know. So every year after the season is closed we send him and his wife a gift certificate for one of the fancier places to eat in town, and also a $50 bill. That way they can go out, and pay for the sitter. He has never asked for money, we just do it. Kinda like saying thanks. I quess if he has to pay taxes on the land might as well give him something for us using it. But if the day comes and he no longer wants us to hunt there, not a problem. I will thank him and enjoy the memories of the hunting we did have there.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: overstaying your welcome

..That is why a honest,responsible hunter as myself,dont have (NO) place to turkey hunt
......ticks me off bad.....[:@][:@]