Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Moderator !  is this the job for me ? >

Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Old 03-16-2004, 01:31 PM

Default RE: Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Adrian,

Please keep up the Good work.
I've been around this forum for a couple of years now and think you do a great job.
Some people just like to complain.
By reading the replys here I have to say MOST members here are behind you and think you do a terrific job.
Good luck,
Camo
Old 03-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian,As another of the original members here I think you better stay.Some of us older guys can remember what it was like here before you became a mod.and wouldn't wanna go back to that.You have a job to do and most of us understand that you as a mod have to answer to a higher authority.You and Pat both have been very lenient and it show's.Can anyone here remember the last time there was an arguement on OUR board.I can't,Just visit one of the other sites here and you'll see we have it pretty good.Yep bud,I think you better stay.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Adrian, I would hope that you would decide to stay and continue on as you have in the past. I know that I have kinda stepped in and tried to help you out especially when I have seen that you haven't been on for awhile due to traveling and business. I would also hope that you can tell by what the REAL USERS have said that you would again decide to stay. We all know there is always a bad apple in the basket. And besides all that WHO could possibly Take the place of "BURP TALKER".

Just my opinion BT but what ever your decision is I hope that you make the one that is BEST suited for you. Pat
Old 03-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all for the kind words, all though I don't deserve them over the last month or so , Pat has did most of the work here. I have had a bad couple of years on a personal note the stress has been near uncontrolable. I have not showed it here, as I try to stay on as a professional note as possible. The PM that I recieved was taken the wrong way by the poster and decided to let me know about it.

Every morning I come to the office and turn on this thing that I seem to know ,better then my wife. The reason is because I took on some responiblites to look after this forum and another. I never intend to respond to anyone in a negitive way. This post has showed me there is lots of respect here , and for that I say Thankyou all.

benhuntin, I would love to get together sometime. I would if I could hunt with everyone here, I just love the sport. Thanks again...BT
Old 03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

You know what Adrian I read what you just posted, I have to say this....1. Yes you do deserve what everyone has said in this post. 2. My looking after the forum was actually a pretty easy task. Why you ask? It is because of the job that you have done here over time. People know what they need to do in here because you have taught them well. I guess what I am trying to say is that you have lead by example and I am proud to be a part of this site. Not too sound concieted but I think we mesh together quite well. So there it is unanimous you are staying that is all I'm saying about THAT.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:23 PM

Adrian,

I agree that this form is very well run, And I can understand how your job can be difficult. I know I wouldn't want it. Like stated before it is a thankless job. Although its should have been said sooner I would like to thank both you and Pat for keeping this fine form up and running.

Jerry
Old 03-16-2004, 04:30 PM
VP

Adrain,[&o][&o]

I cant agree more with everyone thoughts concearning your post. I was very discouraged to see that you were even entertaining the thought of giving up the position of Moderater for this forum. I would hope that by reading everything the people of this forum wrote about you,( the person and Mod) you would see that they and myself have the utmost respect for you as a person and the position you hold on this board. Everyone here, including yourself need to realize that you are the Mod and at some point and time you will have to take that role and draw a line with some of the issues that violate the rules of the board, we should all know that this is not something you wish to do, but something you are obligated to do because of the position you hold. "NO ONE" should take it personel and should not reprimand you or the decision you have made concerning the issue- We have a saying in the Retriever Hunt Test world - "THE JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL"- You accept it and move on, Anyone having a problem with that needs to question their on Moral character. Most of those that conduct themselves in that manner will do so everywhere they go and in everything they do.

I hope you truely reconsider your decision and remain as the Mod of this Board-

(PS) - I dont think any other Mod's would let me and Bob pick on Jalvja like we do without bumping us off-
( Just a little funny-) We really Love ole Jalvja but shhhhhh>dont tell em!

And I want Door Number (2) Stay and Continue as you have!
Old 03-16-2004, 05:00 PM

I've seen some bad moderators in my day who delete a post just because the subject is a little off topic and you are not one of them.

I will say though that if a forum is affecting your life off the computer,hanging it up is understandable and a no brainer.

What ever you decide as long as you are happy with it.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:07 PM

1/ I can Quit
2/ I can stay and carry on as I have.
3/ I can take this Job and start doing it the way its too be done right by Deleting posts and topic's,Giving warnings to users and being the ass most here think we mod's are and work by the RULES that are set
Adrian you're a hell of a mod but you forgot #4 Stop using Quaker Boy calls. I hope you do know that there are some really good cals out there that work. If you can't find a suitable call let me know and I'll send you one. LMAO keep up the work Adrian
Old 03-16-2004, 06:13 PM

Adrian,

You do a very commendable job at running the board. As in all endeavors in life, there will always be a small percentage that do not play a fair game. All participants benefit from a moderator(s), but few probably realize the effort you and Pat put into making this board a valuable resource. If there are habitual offenders that do not adhere to the rules, I'm all for giving them a warning or deleting posts.

Quick Reply: Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.