HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Not Gooblin yet in SC? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/55974-not-gooblin-yet-sc.html)

.308 Swar 03-15-2004 02:09 PM

Not Gooblin yet in SC?

Well I was out scouting all day today and not a peep from the long beards...is it still to early? Let me know what you all are hearing. Are your birds starting to gobble. I saw turkey sign every where but no gobblin

Turkey-dog 03-15-2004 02:28 PM

RE: Not Gooblin yet in SC?

They are gobbling out here in laurens SC. I went Saturday and heard some on one piece of my property. They wouldn't gobble except if I would hoot really nasty and loud. They also gobbled at the hens with them once or twice. I left there and went back to my pasture ( which is only about 1/3 of a mile from there) and hooted several times very loudly and never heard a gobble. I decided what the heck and did a little nasty talk on my mouth call just to see. As soon as I sounded my last note the turkeys I heard earlier that morning gobbled back from on the other property. The best I can tell is that they are about as far along as they should be for a good season.

ElCid05 03-15-2004 03:18 PM

They are gobbling on Edisto Island as well. Heard three different birds yesterday.

Andy

Mailman29680 03-15-2004 09:09 PM

Nothing yet on the days I was out.

I'll try tomorow.

Duxnbux 03-15-2004 09:36 PM

I've been hearing them for the past 2 weeks on 5 different scouting trips. Even heard one crank up at 2 pm Saturday afternoon at a crow flying over.

.308 Swar 03-16-2004 06:42 AM

Hey mail man or whom ever, why do you think we are not hearing anything..i see tracks and sign all over the place. It has been so nice , the weather, and i just dont see why. What do yu all think

Deleted User 03-16-2004 09:41 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

.308 Swar 03-16-2004 12:47 PM

Well its good to hear that, i was worried the birds were gone, i never heard them, just saw a bunch of fresh sign, i will keep scouting but not so hard...

Hey broken,
i see you live in columbia where abouts. i live near rose wood. Are you hunting around here columbia or where do you have to go.

Deleted User 03-16-2004 02:07 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

.308 Swar 03-16-2004 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Brokenbucket

I live north of I-20, between Hwy#321 and Hwy#21. (Tall Timber Lane) I belong to a lease in the Four-Hole Swamp (Bowman) and will hunt some private land in Richland and WMA in fairfield counties as well as Masnchester State Forest.
The SC forum members from different forums are having a breakfast at The Lizard's Thicket, 818 Elmwood Ave. Saturday prior to the Classic, 8:00-10:00AM. Fell free to join us for the 4th.yr. breakfast.
Later, Dave
I do some hunting in North, 321 passes right through it. Do you know of it?
Are ther other Sc forums? I think i would like to meet fellow hunters that live in S.c.
What are you all going to do at the thicket, is it just a meeting place for yu all, I hope you dont mind an outsider? Please email me at [email protected] . i would like to talk to ya about it
take care

Mailman29680 03-16-2004 05:07 PM

I'm seeing sign also but not hearing them much.
Cool nights has them shut up here.
Won't be long.

Young Buck 76 03-16-2004 05:54 PM

They are gobbling in nc bud raising the roof. That gobble interpets to Young buck and Pat Ely we are over here take us home with you.