Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Any Action in Georgia?  New Member >

Any Action in Georgia? New Member

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any Action in Georgia? New Member

Old 03-08-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Any Action in Georgia? New Member

Hello to all, you have a great forum. I've been invited on a trip to GA and was wondering how active the turkeys are down there. Just wondering if anyone has been scouting in GA and hearing any gobbling. I live in South Central MO and they are gobbling and strutting here. Looking forward to hunting in GA, please respond with any experiences this year, or previous.

Thanks

Widow_Maker
Old 03-08-2004, 01:42 PM

Default RE: Any Action in Georgia? New Member

What part of Ga will you be hunting? I live and hunt in the middle ga area. As of now, I've only heard 2 gobbles, and that was just from getting them to shock gobble. They should really be picking it up here in about a week. It always seems the week before opening morning you don't hear many, and them that day comes and BOOM. As long as you hunt some land with plenty of em and you're patient, you'll do fine. March 20 it opens up here.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:15 AM

I live up in the Northern part of Georgia, around Gainesville/Cumming area. We are still having some cool weather up here and haven't heard much gobbling yet. It was only two weeks ago that we had four inches of snow, so I am going to say within the next three to four weeks we should have some good gobbling. Areas south of my location should startup sooner that here. I spoke with some State Rangers the other day, they told me that gobbling up here usually heats up the second week of season. Hope you have some good hunting! According to Georgia DNR, the gobbler population is larger that ever this year.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Spike

The reports that I'm hearing pretty much reflect what's been said so far. All my friends (except for me) are seeing plenty of gobblers on their property. The gobbling is still pretty weak. This should be a good year but the forcast for next year is poor.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:34 PM

Thanks for the replies, and I found out that I'm hunting near Valdosta, GA on March 26 - March 29. Turkeys have mixed emotions here around Springfield, MO. Some are gobbling and strutting in some locations, and in others they aren't active at all. Anyone been scouting in the Valdosta area?

Widow_Maker
Old 03-11-2004, 01:47 PM

Valdosta is way South Ga., about 25 miles from Florida, so they peak earlier than North Ga. They'll be rocking at that time. I grew up down there and will be hunting about 25 miles from Valdosta that weekend. Could go down anytime, but I chose that weekend if that tells you anything.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:11 PM

This is kinda weird because I already said I was hunting in the middle Ga area which is true, but I go to college in Valdosta and can tell you it's hot a hell down here and they're starting to gobble pretty hard already. I'll be hunting just off North Valdosta road between the road and a golf course. They're pretty much sandwiched in there. Good Luck.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:15 PM

I went to VSU for 2.5 years, myself. Transferred to UGA and 7 years later, I'm still here!

Good Luck!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:02 PM

What about night life in Valdosta, surely a college town has a few women we must look at? I'm 24 and my buddy is 27, and we usually like to get a little festive now and then. Injun, maybe we can hook up and celebrate our kills. Good luck and maybe I'll see you down there.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:17 PM

It has a decent night life, but it's a small college. There are some women there, though. Old Faithful may be able to tell you more than me, since he goes there now and I'm sure times have changed some. But there are several bars/restaurants close together in Remerton (inside Valdosta city limits) that usually have some bands, etc.

Shoot me an email if you want and we'll at the very least exchange a phone call to compare hunts or maybe a beer to cry in. hehe

Quick Reply: Any Action in Georgia? New Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.