Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

waterproof calls

Old 02-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default waterproof calls

two of my four day hunt last year i was rained on,it was frustrating ,i couldnt get my calls to work,felt helpless.i know there are some slate options out there,and i have noticed more box call options such as the new knight and hale hurricane.can anybody give a thumbs up to any waterproof calls.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: waterproof calls

Woodswise makes a striker called the Mystic Stick.This striker will work on any surface(slate,glass,frictionite,alum)In my opinion it sounds just as good wet as it does dry.Nice thing about this striker is I can still run my favorite friction calls in the rain.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmmm , I thought QuakerBoy makes the Hurricane [&:]

It tends to run wet when I've used it, now in a down pour , I can't speek for the call, because I'm not sure there just new...BT
Old 02-24-2004, 08:01 AM

Yes, Adrian quaker boy does make the hurricane, also determined, penns woods makes a box called the waterproof wizard which i have and it sounds as good wet as it does dry, and never no chalking either. They have completely sumerged the wizard in water and it still worked great.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jalvja

Woodswise makes a striker called the Mystic Stick.This striker will work on any surface(slate,glass,frictionite,alum)In my opinion it sounds just as good wet as it does dry.Nice thing about this striker is I can still run my favorite friction calls in the rain.
I CAN SECOND THIS..hee hee giggle giggle.....i wont go into the woods without it, got rained out last year and i wont let it happen to me again
Old 02-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

your right adrian,quaker boy makes the hurricane.thanx.