Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Benelli Nova recoil reduction >

Benelli Nova recoil reduction

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli Nova recoil reduction

Old 02-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Spike

Default Benelli Nova recoil reduction

I have a similar post on the guns forum but thought some of you turkey hunters might could help me. I purchased a Benelli Nova last friday. I did also buy the benelli 14 oz mercury filled recoil reducer. My Q's
1. Has anyone had any experience with the benelli recoil reducer?
2. Has anyone had experience with a ported/slotted aftermarket choke as to recoil reduction AND overall performance?/
3. Does anyone know of any aftermarket pads for the Nova?? I've been looking at manufacturer's sites but haven't found one yet.
Thanks Ray
Old 02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: Benelli Nova recoil reduction

I have been informed by return Email, might mention that SVL is very quick in answering Email, this speaks excellently about their business attitude to me, that SVL (SIMS) has a slip on pad which will fit my Nova and which has been tested by them to be as effective as a fitted pad. Also heard from KickEEZ that they have a project going to develop a pad for the Nova but have no idea when pad will be available. Any further comments?? Ray
Old 02-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: Benelli Nova recoil reduction

IT WORKS, I bought 2 brackets. mounted one in my turkey gun and one in my slug gun. I switch the cylinder back and forth. My old bones can't take the pounding of the 3 1/2 mag anymore. You'll be happy with it