Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

WHAT WOULD YALL DO????

Old 02-23-2004, 06:49 PM

Default WHAT WOULD YALL DO????

I am planning on getting a new turkey gun but im not sure what i want/?
What are some of the guns you guys have tell me a lil about them? I like the charles dailey but is it worth it ? They have the automatic at walmart but i have heard compaints
Old 02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WHAT WOULD YALL DO????

I posted a thread asking about Charles Dailey and even though there were some nay sayers, none of them had actually owned the guns themselves. Right now, our walmart has the CD pump for $209. Fully camo and with 3.5" chamber. Personally I have a Moss 835 and love it. I bought it used for $225, but it shoots great and has a very smooth action.

With all the new technology, I think the turkeys are at a disadvantage. So to be more sporting, I'm going to take one bird this year (for the freezer) and then I'm only going to hunt with a sling shot after that. What kinda sight does tru glow make for a sling shot?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:58 PM

well when it comes to value and good price I don't think you can go wrong with a mossburg 835. It packs quite a kick but you'll never feel a thing when your bagging a longbeard anyhow. It comes in plenty of new camo patterns and the traditional woodlands camo (army camo). That is what I have on mine and it will save you over a hundred dollars to get that. I paid $210 for mine 3 years ago. That was when the other camo patterns on 835's were selling for about $320-$380. I got a great deal on a brand new gun because I shopped around. I am 3 for 3 with it and I don't think I'll ever buy another gun to JUST turkey hunt with. That's my opinion.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:11 PM

Thanx guys keep them comin? does anyone like the charls daly? well anyway img ona make a poll if yall would look at it
Old 02-23-2004, 07:16 PM

I stick with cheap, as I know I am hard on the guns. Especially packing in to hunt everywhere I go.

I have a Mossburg 500. I love it
The son has a Mossburg Maverick it is the same thing as the 500 with the difference it has a synthetic stock and forearm. I bought it because it would allow him to not have to worry about gouges and scratches in the forearm and stock from use.

He loves it. I would only recomend having the Barrel ported my 500 is ported and the kick is about half of his Maverick. Toss a 3" turkey mag in that thing and Look out NASSA!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 Charles Daly owner here....only fault with mine...is it won't load federal's good....but does fine with anyother shell.....My life time warranty is a "BIG" plus
Old 02-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

I've heard a number or bad things about Charles Daly's. Don't own one and never have though.
But, it you look at aftermarket chokes, accessories and other goodies you may want to add later, you don't always see Daly listed but you always see the Mossberg 835 listed. Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Spike

Charles Daly's use the Rem-choke system, so you will have more than enough choices when deciding on a choke.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a Remington 870 Super Mag pump in flat black. I have a wish list that is longer than my wallet so this gun does me just fine. I use the 3.5" for turkeys and geese and also use it for pheasants and grouse 2 3/4". I've heard good things about the Benelli's but then again you pay the price. A person can never have enough guns but for me, refinishing the basement is sucking my wallet dry right now. Good luck!!