Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

local banquets

Old 02-19-2004, 04:29 PM

Default local banquets

who goes to their local turkey banquets and anybody planning going this year.what do you enjoy about going to your local turkey banquets.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: local banquets

I've been to 1 already this year and plan to go to at least 1 more,maybe 2.I always bid on a print or 2 in the live auction and on the collector edition call.Must say that I was rather bummed that the NWTF has replaced the box call with a glass call.Always would like to win a gun too.I've been lucky enough in the last 5 years to win 3.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been to one, what kind of stuff can you win there?
Old 02-19-2004, 08:38 PM

There is a new chapter forming near me.This will be my first chance to attend a banquet.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I better be going! I'm the VP of my local chapter and wouldn't miss it for anything. Anyone in the Western Washington area you're invited! Check out http://lakewashnwtf.tripod.com We're hosting our banquet on Sunday, March 7th.

Hey Wacker, don't let a first time banquet for a new chapter give you a wrong impression and don't expect too much. A banquet for a new chapter is a very difficult thing to pull of successfully so try not to be disappointed if you don't see too much. Our chapter is four years old and our banquets are just starting to get to where we want them.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Spike

Go! you will have a great time and meet other hunters. I live on Long Island and we have our chapter Banquet in March every year. You can win everything from a month call to a shotgun. The auction is great prints and other art work, custom calls ect. contact NWTF if you need info
Jackdee
Old 02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im going Friday night (2/27) to one in Waynesboro GA. NWTF-Burke County Swamp Gobblers

I went last year and won a door prize of a nice framed Wood Duck print the hanges on my living room wall.

Hopefully I can win a gun this year!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:47 PM

I'll be putting on my 2nd one on Mar. 20th, I'm the president of my local chapter. I think their a lot of fun(when your not working it) nice way to meet some new hunting partners and learn a couple things. And get some cool wall hangin's fot thre living room[8D]
Old 02-25-2004, 06:55 AM

l always go to at least 2...We have one coming up April 17 and one May 25. I figure its one way we as hunters and sportsman to give back something and help make the future better for our kids and grandkids. The NWTF is a great organization...for the price of a mambership, the magazine alone is worth the cost.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:05 PM

Mike, what is the cost to go? I am in Agusta, and looking to go to my first NWTF shindig.

Thanks, Robert

Quick Reply: local banquets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.