Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkeys, Broadheads or Mechanical >

Turkeys, Broadheads or Mechanical

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys, Broadheads or Mechanical

Old 02-14-2004, 09:18 AM
VP

Default Turkeys, Broadheads or Mechanical

This is for all the Stick and Strang shooters,

I was just curious about what types of set ups everybody is using for tips while turkey hunting- Are you using fixed Broadheads with adders or a Broadhead/washer or just a Big Broadhead- Or have you had better success with Mechanical tips? And what kind of mechanicals- I was thinking about trying some of the Spitfire Gobbler Getters this year although I've never been a big mechanical freak.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Turkeys, Broadheads or Mechanical

On a related note I just saw a broadhead today at the Harrisburg Sport Show that you may want to check out. It was called the Gobbler Guillotine. It was a fixed-blade head with a 4" CUTTING DIAMETER!! It was tremendous, a chisel point in the middle and 4 wide swooping fixed blades. They we're playing a video of hunts using the head and it was devastating. Some of the birds we're actually decapitated completely. Guys were intentionally taking head shots bacause there is so much room for error with all that cutting area.

I might try it this spring with my bow, I was thinking of just using Rocket Hammerheads.

Tyler
Old 02-14-2004, 08:39 PM

I use mechanicals. They provide a bigger cutting diamter and a more devastating wound. Also, the added area keeps the arrows from passing all the way through, which is what you want with turkeys. Sometimes putting washers behind fixed blade heads will bounce off the turkeys. I have seen the Guillitine, awesome broadhead, but its strictly head shots. The video for these broadheads was posted on the bowhunting site. Maybe the technical site, i dont remember. But search through the first few pages and you should find it, there really interesting.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:14 AM
VP

Who makes that Gobbler Gullotine broadhead PABeardbuster? WOW
4" cut is unbelieveable what kinda weight was the broadhead?
Old 02-15-2004, 06:06 PM

Im trying Rocket hammerheads this year. 2 inch cutting diameter. Watched them use it on the Wild Outdoors show. They jacked up some turkeys with hammerheads.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I saw the video of the guilotine the other day and it looked pretty good. The only thing I don't like about it is that if you do hit a turkey in the body, it will bounce off. I am trying to find a good broadhead for turkeys too. I tried the 2" mechanicals and they were not all that great on the turks. I don't know what would be good, but I am anxious to find out. BB
Old 02-15-2004, 07:32 PM

http://www.arrow-dynamic-solutions.c...m#VIDEO%20PAGE Those are the gobbler guillotine movies.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

VP,Since you aren't on my team I'd like to recomend blunts.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:53 AM
VP

LMAO
You got it Jalvja,,, Just to give you and ole BT a fightin chance me and 00Bobgobble7 are just gonna use our shoestrings tied on some pine limbs and an arrow carved outa the back door of my pump shed- HA !

Hey Hunter9022, what type of mechanicals are you using?( Brandname)
Old 02-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta quit commin here.All this laughin makes my sides hurt.

Quick Reply: Turkeys, Broadheads or Mechanical

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.