Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ohio Turkey Hunting

Old 03-14-2004, 08:57 PM

Default RE: Ohio Turkey Hunting

I just got access to a private farm that is around 100 acres that backs up to 160 acres of mead land. I walked over the boundaries and seen no signs so guess what, it's getting hunted. It's one of the few spots I have found that isn't leased or atleast it isn't posted with signs. I don't hunt mead land but since this farm I got access to backs up to it might as well take advantage of it.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:53 AM

well i could tell you ............ but that would give away my hunting spots
Old 03-21-2004, 09:23 PM

Great thread guys ....just the info I was looking for.

I am pretty new to Ohio, so at this point I dont have any private land honey holes yet. Until I saw this thread I was planning to hunt Tar Hollow this spring.
I am introducing a guy at work to turkey hunting .....and we are going to be taking off the first three days to hunt.

I guess my question to those of you who have hunted there before ...is the hunting pressure during the week bad?? Is it a truck parked around every corner .....or is it 10 groups of guys?
I am definitely going to be scouting other lands. Possibly Deer Creek, Paint Creek, Scioto Trail and maybe Shawnee and Cooper Hollow.

Should I just say screw it and focus on Shawnee?? That is a little more drive time...but I am willing if that is what it takes.

I have talked up spring turkey hunting to this guy at work so much ....I dont want to let him down!
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in brown county, it has hilly country, but there are some small fields at the top that make some great ambush spots
Old 03-24-2004, 04:46 AM

If you want to go to Shawnee Forest to hunt I will tell you to stay away from a bridle trail called Pigeon Roost.There are quite a few turkeys around the area but also alot of hunters.I'm serious about this no joke.Try it if you want but you will see what I mean.It kinda thins out after the first week.Maybe try the areas of Odell Creek road, Hobey Hollow and the Wilderness area.I havn't tried these spots myself so I can't tell you if there are turkeys in the area.The hills in these areas are really big and steep so maybe not many people hunt them in the spring for turkeys.I hunt other things in these areas in the fall.Sorry I just bring myself to tell you where I hunt[8D].If you go good luck and let me know if there are any turkeys in these areas.