Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Choke tube for mossberg 835? >

Choke tube for mossberg 835?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Choke tube for mossberg 835?

Old 02-13-2004, 01:34 PM
taw

Default Choke tube for mossberg 835?

I have a mossberg 835 and I am looking to buy an aftermarket tube, what do you suggest; comp n choke, kicks gobblin thunder, mad, or something else. What kind of pattern can I expect?
Old 02-13-2004, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Choke tube for mossberg 835?

Taw - I didn't check the dates but I just read in another thread and it looks like you already have an aftermarket tube. "I just bought a gobblin thunder for my 835, haven't shot it yet, hope when I do I like it."

Anyway - I think any aftermarket tube will improve your pattern. Find the best load combination and I think you will be pleased.

I'm shooting a Comp-N-Choke from my 835 and LOVE IT.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:14 PM

...for my 835,it is COMP-N-CHOKE-XXX FULL....IT IS A HEAD THUMPER...[:-]
Old 02-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Spike

I had one of the first 835's made and used a Rhino tube that did a nice job up to 40 yards. Sold it 3 years back and got and auto loader, couldn't handle the kick any longer.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Kase

I had one of the first 835's made and used a Rhino tube that did a nice job up to 40 yards. Sold it 3 years back and got and auto loader, couldn't handle the kick any longer.
Kase - you are right. The mossberg puts a hurtin' on both ends. Never seem to notice it with a turkey in sights but patterning the gun can kill your shoulder.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:01 PM

How does the undertaker work in this gun?
Old 02-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

deadly. very deadly. shoot 3.5", wins, 2? i think, out of my 835, have reached out and touched them at 50yards. never patterned it. right now i am confused though. have a Redhead catalog, says you can shoot hevi-shot threw it, but gun shops have said otherwise. does anyone know how to get in touch w/H.S.Strut so i can ask, because mossberg says something else for a choke w/hevi-shot.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:52 PM

I'll tell you i had will good patterns with the factory ulti-full choke that came with the gun, but i like tinkering when new things come out, so i bought the new jellyhead by primos, but haven't been able to try it yet cause of the weather yet, but i will post when i pattern it, but don't waste your money on the undertaker it is the most displeasing choke i tried yet, hope this helps. good luck and god bless.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:48 AM

vtbuckrulrss

This is from Hunters Specialties website

The Undertaker® H.S. Choke Tubes are designed and manufactured for top quality performance while shooting Hevi-Shot® loads (bismuth and tungsten matrix). This product has been field tested for optimum diameter producing super full choke patterns

here is the link
Hunter's Specialties
Old 02-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Taw,I have tried a comple different chokes in my 835,the undertaker is devistating.super tight pattern.Shot a tom at 17 yds this year (3 1/2's in winchester supreme 5s)aimed at th base of his neck and when I got to him I think about every pellet in that shell was in his neck and chest.Also took another big tom at about 40yds and droped him no problem.This was my 1st year in about 7 or 8 since I used my 835,I was not please with the pattern the factory choke was giving,so I just had to go and buy that Remington SP10 I had had my eye on.The 835 was on lone to my uncle for the past years,and he harvested a couple birds with it with the factory choke.Well uncle Joe has unfortunatly passed away,so in his honor I decided to hunt with it this past season,Undertaker choke,Winchester Supreme #5s and uncle Joe looking down on me,made for a bad time for those 2 toms.Good luck,bear in mine that as your pattern tightens you must aim carefully,especially at those close birds.

Quick Reply: Choke tube for mossberg 835?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.