Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Favorite friction call

Old 02-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Favorite friction call

I use only one friction call Ol Yeller by Primos
God only knows what I was thinking it's made by knight and hale
Old 02-10-2004, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: TREEDOG

Theres just to many to choose from and so little money.
If I had to choose from many and had little money to dish out, I would have to pick the H.S. Strut Black Magic aluminum call w/ a H.S. Strut rosewood striker. I've called in a bunch of turkeys using this call. Retails for about $16 or so at Wally World.

(shown w/ the included acrylic and "Magic Wand" strikers)
Old 02-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Mike Bell. These are the best sounding calls I've ever heard! Oh, and at less than $50! Check them out.
Kaiser Kalls
Old 02-10-2004, 08:29 PM

I like the Blodgett's alot. Cody makes some pretty good calls, but you gotta spend money to get a good one. Ron Clough in Maryland turns out awesome friction calls from all kinds of woods. And Steve Harrison and Woodhaven are high on my "to do" list.

As far as production calls, I like the M.A.D Aluminator. I just got an H.S. Strut Copper Pot the other day. It has some serious volume! And sound quality that would win some contests.

Tyler
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

for a factory call, I like the Primos Power Crystal. However, for custom I'm particular to mine...
Old 02-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do like Steve Harrisons osage orange but the turkeys also like my H.S. Black Magic,with an acrylic striker it makes some pretty sweet to clean crisp turkey talk!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite production friction call is Knight and Hale's Ol' Yeller. Very easy to use and good sound. As far as custom calls, I just picked up a Kaiser Kall after last season. I agree with Weasel and Mike Bell. Very nice sounding call. Mine is double sided, glass on one side and slate on the other. Excellent craftsmanship too. Andy Kaiser makes a great call. This one just may give my Ol' Yeller some competition for my go to call this season.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 PM

My favorite is either my freak by primos, or the power crystal.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

This is a Kaiser Kall! I have a drawer full of turkey calls and none even come close to the sound I get from this one. At this point in my life, I need every advantage I can get.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:20 PM
taw

Without a doubt the Cody "II" glass at about $35 , you won't find anything that sounds better for the price! You can find them in cabelas or log onto cody calls.

Quick Reply: Favorite friction call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.