HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   TEAM 10 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/52325-team-10-a.html)

KitsapCaller 02-08-2004 09:36 AM

TEAM 10

Hello Team 10.....Thought we could check in and share where we'll be hunting, which species, etc.

I'll be hunting either Merriams or Rios in Washington State. Our season begins April 15th and runs through May 15th. I started a new job so I won't be doing a five-day trip like I normally do. Instead, this year I will be doing what I call "speed hunting." That's driving several hours, maybe spend the night, hunt all day, hopefully harvest a bird in the morning or afternoon, and then head home. I'm shooting a Remington 870 Super Mag fitted with the Remington Super Full choke and finished off with Mossy Oak Breakup camo stocks and Tru-glo fiber optic sights. It's a beaute.

Let's get after 'em and win this thing. Most importantly let's keep it safe, fair, ethical, and fun!

Gobbling Buck 02-08-2004 11:24 PM

RE: TEAM 10

Howdy. I'll be hunting Easterns here in Bama. This is only my 3rd year in the game, but I've been pretty fortunate to take 3 nice birds. I don't know how much time I'll get to spend chasin' those big toms around this year b/c the wife is due with our 3rd child 3 days before the opener. I've got some pretty good birds mapped out already, just hope to be able to cash in. Got me a new 835 for this year. Been happy with it so far when shooting it. I hope to get to test its performance on some BIG GOBBLERS very soon. I for one can't wait. Good luck to all. And GO TEAM TEN!!!!:D

Brampton Mike 02-09-2004 03:49 AM

:D:D Wooooohooooo only 78 more days to go here in Ontario.....our season starts Apr 26th & runs till the end of May!!!!!!!!!! Easterns are the species up here & i'll be hunting almost every day or at least till I fill both tags!!!! I use an 870 pump gun with tru-glo sights Monday to Saturday & on Sundays I use my Exocet Crossbow...................good luck to all in Team 10!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Brampton Mike [8D]

keyshunter 02-09-2004 05:29 AM

Early on, I'll be hunting on my farm here in Virginia, and private land in Pennsylvania. Later in the season, when the pressure diminishes, I'll be on public land. The advantage to being chronologically challenged is that one gets to hunt everyday. Best of luck to everyone on team 10.

Turkey Addict 02-09-2004 05:38 PM

Hello Folks, I will Be hunting easterns in Wisconsin, May 5th through the 9th. I will be out there from dawn till dusk all five of the five days I have to get my bird. Come Rain, Snow, Wind, Heat, or Cold, I will be out there sitting under an old tree.
good luck to all you folks.

djkiller 02-11-2004 10:20 PM

michigan here. killing is for the thrillin. I'm hunting some prime area's. already sited some huge tom's. got my spots and decoy's ready for the killin to begin.it's eatern time again here!! been doing this for 15 years and have had good luck past 5 years. placed second last year in the osceola county tourney last year. hoping for some good success agian this year. nock on wood!! I would like to say its been nice to talk to ya's and good luck team 10. dominate....dominate....

Turkeyhunter1 02-15-2004 08:26 AM

Hello, I am looking foward to being a member of team #10. I will be hunting in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. I spend most of my time hunting PA. I look foward to a great season, and participating in the team challenge!! Good Luck Everyone..........

Gobble Gobble

Antler Eater 02-16-2004 07:26 AM

I'll be spending all of my time in western Iowa trying to conquer the Eastern Gladiator. It will be a great time! Best of luck to all of my teammates on team ten. :)