HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Feather Flex Love Triangle, anyone use these (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/51994-feather-flex-love-triangle-anyone-use-these.html)

.308 Swar 02-05-2004 02:20 AM

Feather Flex Love Triangle, anyone use these

Well i just got a brand new set of these from a friend for my birthday. Anyone know if these are good or had any luck with them..let me know what you think

thanks

jepcho 02-05-2004 12:06 PM

RE: Feather Flex Love Triangle, anyone use these

I think they do work good. Alot of times however...I use mine as 3 separate decoys and dont use the two as mates.

Fullback24 02-05-2004 01:23 PM

I would like to try using decoys, but I'm scared to death of em, especially around here....with all the pressure and all......I'm afraid some idiot would be sneakin up on a turkey and take a shot at it....I've had hunters slip in on me like that, with RIFLES, it just unnerves me to be in the presence of a decoy out in the woods.

slicendice 02-06-2004 01:52 PM

I used the love triangle last year with alot of success. But alot of times, I used the dekes separate. If I thought I was after a long beard, I used the hen and the dominant jake,
but if I thought the birds were shy, I only used the hen or the hen and submissive jake.

I called in 2 21 pound gobblers for friends using them last year.

I agree with Fullback, though. You do have to be careful with them. I would not use them on public land or heavily hunted private land. You'd just be asking for trouble.

Slice

triplespool 02-10-2004 03:48 AM

YEP I HAVE USED THE LOVE TRIANGLE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. JUST WATCH THE TURKEYS TO FIND OUT WHAT JAKE TO PUT OUT. THATS WHAT I DO.....

taw 02-13-2004 01:24 PM

I have used them and they work great! More often than not, it drives an old tom crazy when he sees a jake with his hens.

snowdog2 02-13-2004 03:29 PM

I use my decoys on public and private lands. Just gotta pay attention to where you put 'em. E. g., if the situation calls for it and you put 'em in a big field, you should be pretty safe.

arrows only 02-15-2004 09:03 AM

Ad some movment ? to the feeding hen, or I use the "bredding pair" sometimes. I sit in a blind w/a bow so it's a little different for my style hunting. I am always on public land, and never been "stalked" to my knowlage. I get more spectaters than anything! People will walk right up to my blind/decoy set up & ask me if Iv'e seen any....