Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Adrian J Hare , quaker boy easy yelper question >

Adrian J Hare , quaker boy easy yelper question

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Adrian J Hare , quaker boy easy yelper question

Old 01-28-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Adrian J Hare , quaker boy easy yelper question

OK, i got one from ebay but it did not come with instructions or a diagram. Now her is the problem, the sping lays in the bottom of the tray but only lets the striker surface barley hit the wood wedge. not even producing a long yelp.
Second. can you operate it with one hand, i have to use two hand one to hold it and the other to hold pressure on the rod to make the striker stay on the wedge..

let me know
ohya, are you supposed to push or pull to make the sounds. I found if i pull it from the short side of the dowle it sounds better, but again i have to apply pressure(twist as i pull) to the dowel so ths striker stays on the wedge.
let me know what you think or anyone who uses these type of yelpers
Thanks
Old 01-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Adrian J Hare , quaker boy easy yelper question

308, the "Easy Yelper" can be used either way , Push or Pull
The spring sounds as if it has been bent, Take the spring out of the box (standing up) it will be pinned to the wooden block. Theres a small angle on the first part ,, then a longer straight area ,, then it should angle a little back up. Take the longer straight area , and just bend it straight again.

The point end of the spring should just slide down and sit about an 1/8th below the top of the box in the corner.

Now before placing the spring back ,, take some 100gr sand paper and run the sounding board(rectangle block on the stick) back and forth from the narrowest side to side. Blow off dust and put a little chaulk on it. Turn the block of and place your spring in the top corner.

Now try with one hand to push the stick with your index finger. If the sound is not good , then take out the spring again ,and turn that little block on the bottom with your fingers , just a touch, and try it again. keep working with that block untill it sounds the best. The block should sit on a slight angle on the bottom...BT
Old 01-28-2004, 08:55 PM

Default RE: Adrian J Hare , quaker boy easy yelper question

Most hold in palm of hand the use index to push the peg