Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I didn't get a tag.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:38 PM

Default RE: I didn't get a tag.

Well. My friends didn't get tags either. O-well, finals are that week anyway. But I will still be out there calling, just have to bring a camera. This draw is a pain. I hope they will be OTC in a few years.

In PA, where I am from, you get a fall and spring tag with deer and small game. I like it much better.

Hawgnman. Half of the tags go to people who didn't get a tag the year before. So depending on the numbers, we may have a better chance next year. I hope so. I was really looking forward to hunting here. I have yet to get a spring gobbler in PA, so it would have been really cool to get one here.

I am going to look on the bright side. I get to sleep untill 8:00.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:39 PM

BTW. I wasn't in the turkey challenge. Was waiting to see if I got a tag. Maybe next year.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:03 PM

Wow thats a bummer![:'(] We have the lottery system here in WI too. It would down right make me mad as heck not to get a tag. When you know some of the people who got one in your state might not even care enough to even go hunting. I know a few folks around here that get drawn for a tag and then don't even go. In WI the people that don't get drawn in the regular lottery can send in for a Fort McCoy tag (Military Base). No garauntee there either. My Buddy had to do that one year, He got his bird that year too. I would find out if your state has any military bases that have a separate draw than the State for Turkeys.

Good Luck

Jerry