Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 whats in your turkey vest >

whats in your turkey vest

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

whats in your turkey vest

Old 01-27-2004, 05:44 PM

Default whats in your turkey vest

what turkey items do you carry in your turkey vest or backpack?.
is your vest packed with so much stuff you need another vest or pack.
i carry most of my stuff in my vest, and stuff like decoys, rain suit, and food and water, i carry in my backpack.my vest looks like a sporting goods store.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whats in your turkey vest

GS,hopefully during Apr and May it'll be carrying a bigole longbeard out of the turkey woods!!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry most of my calls in my vest along with gloves and facemask. I also bring a backpack to the woods. Some decoys go in that and some in my vest. Water, sandwiches, extra clothing, extra calls, and other items also go in the backpack.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

clippers, ammo,phone, water , snack, cigarettes, lighter, small rope, potty paper, and all of my calls , well 3 at least, and about 7 different strikers...
Old 01-28-2004, 06:18 PM

A whole lot more this year, thanks to my Sister-inlaw. She found a rubbermaid tote at a yard sale full of store bought and hand made calls. The cool part is that us here out West don't get to see alot of the calls from the South and such,like Ben Lee, calls of that nature so that was awesome to get something out of the norm. Plus a new scratch box call I picked up. It worked so good I swore the Mounted Tom behind me started Drummin'[]
Old 01-28-2004, 09:00 PM

I got, 4-6 box calls, 2-3 pot pegs, Cell Phone, Primos Slick Stick, Chalk, Tag, Candys, Kitchen sink[], and w/e else i buy before season maybe a ummmm a few? more calls and other stuff, Only a few calls I buy a year tho
Old 01-28-2004, 09:14 PM

Mouth calls, box calls, slate calls, strikers, binos, gluves, masks, and ant other thing that might fit. Oh, and myself lol.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

Ever thang!!!! I carry 2 box calls, push button, 2 pot and peg, mouth calls, gobble call, shells, binos, gloves, head net, sand paper, scotch brite, extra seat cushion, camo rope, chalk, paper towels, etc, etc, etc. I need a turkey hunting caddy.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its probably easier to ask what isn't in my turkey vest... I have box calls, slate type calls, mouth calls, crow and owl calls, saw, pruners, GPS, compass, maps, food, water, sand paper, scotch brite, orange neck gaiter (put it on my hat when I move around), decoy, stake, strikers, head net, gloves, shells, lighter, tags, license...
Old 01-28-2004, 11:26 PM

"I need a turkey hunting caddy"

lol, Bob, Good One. Find Some, Send 2 My Way

Quick Reply: whats in your turkey vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.