Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Join NWTF?

Old 01-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Join NWTF?

A few of my friends have been trying to get me to join the NWTF lately and I am wondering if it is worth it. How many people on here are in it? Do you like it? Thanks. BB
Old 01-23-2004, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Join NWTF?

I was one of the starters of the NWTF in Canada. After a number of years of being a Pres. I stepped down , I seen alot of work , that they want you to do and I didn't have the time. The Money.money ,money kinda got to me , so I just stay with the membership and thats it now...BT
Old 01-23-2004, 09:42 AM

I'm a member. I think it is very much worth it. The NWTF sent out over $24,000,000 + in differn't programs in 2002. Not only do they help the wild turkey but other game such as deer and grouse are benefited by the projects that the NWTF and chapter members do. Also they do stand up for our gun rights. As a turkey hunter, I can't see how I can't belong to the NWTF and the NRA
Old 01-23-2004, 10:39 AM

Just my opinion :

I belonged to the NWTF for years.they do,do good work for wildlife.they want money all the time,but they also spend a lot of money for turkeys.

all that being said ; I no longer belong to the NWTF for one reason.I took a very large Oseola bird that I wanted to put into the record book.I got the application and got it all filled out with all the proper people(wildlife officer's)and proper wittnes's to weigh and measure everthing.
Every thing was in order ; except the witnesses were not a member of the NWTF and they would not except the application.
(THEY WOULD NOT TAKE MY WORD , AND THERE WORD,JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT MEMBERS).
after they didn't take my word,[:@]I told them in no certain words what I though about them and what they could do with there membership and have not been a member since.

they can take my money , but not take my word.[:@][>:][:@]. I don't think so.
JMHO...[:@][>:][:@]
Old 01-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tree Climber, that would turn me off as well!! Sorry to hear that!!

I'm like Adrian, I just stay with the membership. I usually re-join at the Banquets each year!!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

TC , thats too bad , I can understand your point , It was a pain to find someone that could sign the App's , one time in KA I had to pay for a guys member ship just to get it registered...BT
Old 01-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

There is a banquet here on the 21st and I plan on attending it. I don't think I will ever get a record turkey and even if I did, I don't care about putting it in the records, all I want to do is help turkey hunting and protect our gun rights. How big was that bird that you got? I am really sorry about that man. I hope I have better luck. Thanks for the help you guys. BB
Old 01-24-2004, 10:43 PM

BB'
Yes, I have been a member for years. The NWTF does a lot of good work.
Back in the late 80s early 90s there were very few turkeys in Oregon. The NWTF and the DF&W have done a very good job in growing the population here.
JMHO.
Camo.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Member here...thanks in large part mainly to them I'll be hitting the woods the last weekend in mar setting up on a roosted gobbler!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

How much does it cost to join? BB

Quick Reply: Join NWTF?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.