Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Mossberg 935... Opinions..?? >

Mossberg 935... Opinions..??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mossberg 935... Opinions..??

Old 01-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mossberg 935... Opinions..??

I am looking into a new Turkey gun... I was going to buy the Mossberg 835, but I went Sporting Clay shooting yesterday, and now I am interested in a Semi-Auto Shotgun... So now I am looking at the 935... The guy at my Sporting good store says stay away from Mossberg's Semi-Auto's... Any other opinions...??

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2004, 08:59 AM

Default RE: Buying Semi-Auto Turkey Gun... Suggestions..??

Might want to look at a Stoeger 2000. Licensed to use the Benelli action. Comes with five choke tubes, including a turkey tube. Dick's has them for $379 in wood, about $400 in camo. It's recoil operated, verus gas.

Another one I kinda like is the Franchi 612. Runs about $600. Of course there's always the Rem. 1100 and Beretta 391! I have an older Beretta AL2 and love it!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone looked at or have the Mossberg 935...?? I heard that the semi-auto mossbergs were not that good... Any one had the same experiences..??
Old 01-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The older 9200 Mossberg semi-auto's had some reliabilty problems. The newer 935 is just to new to tell!! I'd wait a year till this gun can prove itself first.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:45 PM

Did the salesman give any justifiable reasons to stay away from Mossberg semi's, other than to get you to spend more money on something else??
Although I don't own one,I've read nothing but positive comments on this gun from those that are using them.I've been in contact with about a dozen 935 owners and they have yet to make any complaints, with the exception of heavy recoil with heavy 3.5" loads. Big deal, thats what aftermarket recoil pads are made for.It patterns great with the overbored barrel and after being broke-in, it DOES cycle heavy 2 3/4" shells.Although it's still a little early to say for sure, it looks like Mossberg may have a truely affordable and reliable 2 3/4"- 3 1/2" semi to offer the serious goose and turkey hunter! Other than that , I'd look at the Baikal MP153, another affordable and reliable 3.5" gun.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:06 PM

I have a 9200 and have had no problems.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gene, that's what I heard a while ago. If I remember right it was something to do with jamming. I know that Mossberg has discontinued making that gun though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mossberg buy out Smith & Wesson's rights to their semi-auto gun, then they came out with it as the 9200 under their name?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:07 AM

Default RE: Mossberg 935... Opinions..??

If I was just gonna use the gun for turkey hunting I would go with the Mossberg 835 or an 870 Remington. If you are looking for a versatile gun, the best I have ever seen is the old Remington Model 11. They haven't been made in like 50 years, but they are still in circulation at flea markets and gun shows. Buy you a 12 or 16 gauge in this with a full choke barrel and you can hunt turkey and squirrel, though you can't shoot 3" shells in them. I know people who use the 2 3/4 inch shells and are successful turkey hunters. You can buy additional barrels on ebay. Sometimes this gun is a little pricey in comparison to the Mossberg, but if you take care of the gun, it won't let you down.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:56 PM

I have a Remington 1187 semi auto and a Remington 870 super-mag I love them both. I would spend hard erned monet on a mosschester> But thats just one mans opinion. Good luck Taxidermy Guy
Old 01-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I have no idea what to do now... I mean is there really that big of a difference...?? Now I am talking about going from $400 to over $600, and to be honest I think I am going to get the Browning Gold (cause it comes in Mossy Oak) or get the Beneilli... But I don't like the looks on the camo on the Beneilli, so I think I will order the Browning and be done with it... But that's about $900 I guess... Anyone else...lol

Quick Reply: Mossberg 935... Opinions..??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.