HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Getting Pumped already! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/46840-getting-pumped-already.html)

paintbrush 12-19-2003 06:13 PM

Getting Pumped already!

Having already put in applications to hunt turkeys in Minnesota and Wisconsin ,and having set up my first Ocseola hunt in Florida, I'm ready to get at it!
Still setting up a hunt or 2 in South Dakota, and maybe Kansas if I can make the timeing work out.
Don't know about the rest of you guys,but the end of March seems a long way off.

huntnma 12-20-2003 07:34 AM

RE: Getting Pumped already!

i got my permits last week, i am ready to get out there......so where will you be hunting the elusive osceola...

HighKnob 12-20-2003 08:56 AM

Sounds like some great plans for the spring. I'm going on my first Florida hunt this spring myself.......... any good ideas Huntnma?? Sure will be a slow winter, huh paintbrush...

turkeyhunter_15 12-20-2003 10:25 AM

:D Im Pumped to i was getting my calls ready putting them in vest lol, i applyed for WI (homestate) and going to Wyoming/South Dakota I cant wait...:D

wacker 12-20-2003 08:51 PM

The fever is starting for me too.Hunting in WI,WY,and theU.P.

paintbrush 12-21-2003 04:01 PM

Huntnma, I'm going to be hunting in the St. Cloud area for those osceolas.Going to be hunting on the Roberson Ranch. I meet the owner of the place while I was hunting pheasant in South Dakota. He was staying at the same place I was. Got to talking to him when I saw Florida plates on his truck. Highnob,you bet it's going to be a long winter!

MOTurkeyTamer 12-21-2003 04:26 PM

The "fever" is beginning to set in on me too. It'll be a full blown fever about the middle of January or so. Once the days start to slooooowly get longer each day, then I only have longbearded gobblers on my mind! Sure seems like a long time til April 19 but the anticipation and preparation is half the fun!

huntnma 12-21-2003 07:42 PM

i think you told me that a while back paintbrush :)
as for you highknob, anywhere south of gainsville, you want to make sure youre getting the real thing.....i hunt the quota hunts, i was lucky enough to get drawn...but that's a few days , i have a whole month i'll be hunting at bullcreek....it's open to the first 200 hunters, it's like 36,000 acres.....

http://wildflorida.org/hunting/

that is one of the pages that will help you out........i hope:D

mauser06 12-21-2003 09:46 PM

man.....all them states.....thats crazy....ill be hunting here in good ole pa....thats it....we make a nice trip out of it....turkey hunting and trout fishing the mountains....its always fun....now im working on calls...just finished my first glass call...now im starting the slate when i get back to school....then when the winters over ill get into the woods and get some wood and make strikers for them..cant wait....good luck guys

KitsapCaller 12-22-2003 09:29 AM

I am so stoked about this upcoming season (Apr 15 - May 15). Hunting in Washington state where I live but there's some major differences this year. For the first time in four years, I have finally secured permission to hunt on a couple of private properties and I will be taking my 10 year old son with me who has never hunted before. I made him a promise that if he passed his hunting safety course he would find a Remington 870 20 gauge youth model shotgun under the Christmas tree. I am probably more excited about hunting with him more than anything.