Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 11-87 Remington Turkey Gun Super Mag. >

11-87 Remington Turkey Gun Super Mag.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

11-87 Remington Turkey Gun Super Mag.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:58 AM

Default 11-87 Remington Turkey Gun Super Mag.

Hey all ,
This will be my 5th Season Going after those Turkeys . Still No luck , i have called one in but could not get him to come down off the top of the Hill, and Spooked Many off the Roost. But i have Had fun and hopefully this year i will Kill one. But i am writing this because i found a 11-87 Turkey Super Mag gun , and was wondering if i could get a barrel to shot Steel Shot thur because i am a duck hunter too and was wantin this gun because she's a Good lookin Gun , now i been on the Remington Site and cant understand anything and was wondering if yall GAls' and Guys could help me out on this , I want this gun but was wondering if i could buy an extra barrel to shot Steel Shot thur. I am Tellin ya , you new a Collage education to read that stuff remington Writes down . So any help would help me out alot . And this 11-87 Super Mag Turkey gun has a good Deal on it , it is only $517 so its a heck of a Deal , and for yalls info to help me out i want a Extra Barrel For Steel Shot in 3in and 3 1/2 in. so if thats any help to yall i am glad to post it. Thanks For any Help yall give me On this!!!! Travis Aka DUCK SLAYER hopefully will add Turkey Slayer at the end of this Season.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 11-87 Remington Turkey Gun Super Mag.

I really can't see why not , Remington makes a number of interchangable barrels...BT
Old 12-09-2003, 01:13 PM

I'd stay far,far away from that gun if I was you. Heres why,
[link]http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179912[/link]
For your own safety, if nothing else, I'd suggest you look around for something else.I wouldn't be caught dead in the same pit or blind as one of those things[]
Old 12-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plainsman thanks for the info on this gun , I aswell would stay clear of it after reading all of that. This sure surprises me with remington [:'(] ...BT
Old 12-10-2003, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great heads-up Plainsman.Though I'm not on the market for a gun,i sure wouldn't go there in purchasing that particular firearm...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:50 PM

I wish I would have seen this in april this year because I bought one.I have not had any problems YET but it's only been shot about 20 times.I do need to use heavy field loads to keep it from jamming up.I have noticed some knicks on the inside of it and on the rim of the shells.I think I will look for a new gun.Maybe the new Mossberg 935.I have looked at it on their site but it don't say how well it works with 2 3/4" shells.I'm looking for a gun that I can use for everything not just turkeys or deer or small game.I thought the 1187 SM was the one but I guess I was wrong.If I would have heard all the bad things I hear now I wouldn't have even thought about buying one.Any GOOD suggestions.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:05 AM

Good suggestions?? You've already made one yourself, Mossy 935. I plan on one for next waterfowl season, hopefully it'll be out in shadowgrass by that time.Brand new it's only supposed to shoot 3" & 3.5" but a number of reps say after it's broken in it'll also handle 2.75" as well. Some owners say they've used heavy 2.75 with success.So far, I've heard nothing but very good reports on this gun, shoulders nice, patterns great, cycles fast and smooth.
My other choice would be a Baikal MP153.It handles 2.75" up to 3.5" perfectly, I just don't like having to make adjustments depending on the rounds I'm shooting.But since I only shoot waterfowl, I guess adjustments would'nt be needed.
Until I can scrape up the money for a Browming I'll just stick to one of the above.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd pass on the 11-87 as well and get the Browning Gold hunter in the new Mossy Oak camo finish!! This gun comes both in the 3" and 3 1/2" chamber.
I checked out the Rem 11-87, Winchester X2, Benelli Super-90, and the Bretta line of semi-auto's as well and much prefer the Browning over them all!! Be sure to check them out at your Gun shop!!