Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Grand Slam display

Old 04-14-2021, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default Grand Slam display

Finished up the Grand Slam this season and also was able to finish up the display. Only problem is I am getting the itch to continue on to the Royal and World slams. Hard to get myself to fork over that kind of money though lol.
Attached Thumbnails Grand Slam display-turkey-display.jpg  

Last edited by kellyguinn; 04-14-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Good stuff Kelly! Congrats.

Got pictures from each hunt? Like a field picture with each bird.

-Jake
Old 04-14-2021, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

I do but it may take a bit to get the exact birds up. Did it over a few years. Had some help with the Osceola from friends off here. All were DIY type hunts.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

I think it would look nice if you could get a nice photo display of each bird to hang up near that.

-Jake
Old 04-14-2021, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Here are pics of each.
Attached Thumbnails Grand Slam display-osceola1.jpg   Grand Slam display-mcgeecreekbird2018eastern.jpg   Grand Slam display-turkey3merriams.jpg   Grand Slam display-birdrio.jpg  
Old 04-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Finished up the Grand Slam this season and also was able to finish up the display. Only problem is I am getting the itch to continue on to the Royal and World slams. Hard to get myself to fork over that kind of money though lol.
Nice ! Now you need to go and get 4 more and get them full mounts lol just make sure that the line of credit you apply for is enough to include this with the other hunts
Old 04-14-2021, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Whatever the third picture is is a pretty bird.

-Jake
Old 04-14-2021, 04:18 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Very nice. Hard to tell your Rio from your Merriam in color. I know in WY they had the very white tips ( my preference) to the creamy colored.
Well done Kelly. I always wanted to do that. Am half done but it wont go any further. Maybe a Merriam but certainly no Osceola.

Hey be safe out there
JW
Old 04-15-2021, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Whatever the third picture is is a pretty bird.

-Jake
That is the Merriams. Although I have taken a few Rios over the years that get pretty close to the white tips. 1 I had full body mounted because of the color and at the time it was one of the top Typical Rios taken in the state. Think it will rank around #11 now.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JW
Very nice. Hard to tell your Rio from your Merriam in color. I know in WY they had the very white tips ( my preference) to the creamy colored.
Well done Kelly. I always wanted to do that. Am half done but it wont go any further. Maybe a Merriam but certainly no Osceola.

Hey be safe out there
JW
The pic doesn't do the Merriams justice. It has the white tips and was taken just a couple miles from the SD/Wyoming border in the Black Hills. The Rio is pretty light though compared to most. I tried to pick a Rio with good colors as that is mainly what I shoot here.

If you can travel you can take the both on public grounds. Plenty of folks willing to help also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.