Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Osceola Turkey Hunting

Old 01-16-2021, 05:30 AM
car
Typical Buck

Default Osceola Turkey Hunting

Now that I have retired, I had planned on hunting Osceola my first year of retirement. With the Covid-19 going on I don't think it would be a good idea for my wife and I to travel to Florida this year! Both of us are in good health, that's not a issue. Just figured it wouldn't be a good idea to go this year! Guess I'll wait until next year to hunt an Osceola.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by car
Now that I have retired, I had planned on hunting Osceola my first year of retirement. With the Covid-19 going on I don't think it would be a good idea for my wife and I to travel to Florida this year! Both of us are in good health, that's not a issue. Just figured it wouldn't be a good idea to go this year! Guess I'll wait until next year to hunt an Osceola.
I went down there two years in a row after I retired and hunted them while ther boss slept in at the motel. Then at closing at 1 I picked up the wife and took her to eat then the beach lol I was lucky and killed a bird each year and hunting them swamps birds in Florida was a blast !! Good luck !
Old 01-17-2021, 01:22 PM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
I went down there two years in a row after I retired and hunted them while ther boss slept in at the motel. Then at closing at 1 I picked up the wife and took her to eat then the beach lol I was lucky and killed a bird each year and hunting them swamps birds in Florida was a blast !! Good luck !
Did you hunt them on your own, or did you have help? I haven't research it yet on good places to go.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

On my own. Researched public land for specialty quota, regular quotaand open public then appled to some that looked potential ,
Old 01-18-2021, 05:02 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
On my own. Researched public land for specialty quota, regular quotaand open public then appled to some that looked potential ,
Good deal. Did you run into much hunting pressure on public land?
Old 01-18-2021, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Yes get to the gate early lol
Old 01-20-2021, 08:25 AM
Spike

I was thinking of postponing my annual trip as well, but I'm being strong armed by the wife and kids. It's killin time for me and beach time for them so it works out great. I suppose we'll give it a shot and use extra caution. If I could just get them to stay on the place I hunt instead of a fancy hotel with a pool I'd feel better about the covid stuff. Not many birds on camera at my place this year though. Place was covered last year with birds.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:15 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WVDanimal
I was thinking of postponing my annual trip as well, but I'm being strong armed by the wife and kids. It's killin time for me and beach time for them so it works out great. I suppose we'll give it a shot and use extra caution. If I could just get them to stay on the place I hunt instead of a fancy hotel with a pool I'd feel better about the covid stuff. Not many birds on camera at my place this year though. Place was covered last year with birds.
I see your from WV. I'm on a hunting lease in Clay county. Have been for a few years! I plan on turkey hunting down there this year. The birds are few and far between, buy their there. Just have to find them.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Spike

I've had a heck of a run in WV for many years but it seems like everywhere, the birds are getting less and the hunters are growing in numbers. Don't put off the trip for your Osceola, they aren't getting any easier or cheaper. I've taken a pile of them and until last year had never killed one with a beard less than 11" down there. The one and only true 12" beard that I've ever had my hands on was killed by my wife on my place at Okeechobee 2 years ago. Take a thermocel, watch for snakes, and don't go in the water!
Old 01-22-2021, 10:30 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WVDanimal
I've had a heck of a run in WV for many years but it seems like everywhere, the birds are getting less and the hunters are growing in numbers. Don't put off the trip for your Osceola, they aren't getting any easier or cheaper. I've taken a pile of them and until last year had never killed one with a beard less than 11" down there. The one and only true 12" beard that I've ever had my hands on was killed by my wife on my place at Okeechobee 2 years ago. Take a thermocel, watch for snakes, and don't go in the water!
Good advice on not putting it off. With the Covid going on this year is out for us. As much as I don't want to pay to hunt Oscealo, I figured when I do go that's what I'll end up doing. Unless the prices get to far out of hand! Lol in a way the prices some charge now is way to much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.