Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
How will corona effect your season? >

How will corona effect your season?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How will corona effect your season?

Old 04-19-2020, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to hunt south Texas before they closed it for us Louisiana residents. I was able to kill three nice birds. I also killed one on my Louisiana property and in Arkansas. I can still hunt LA. and Ark. So the virus hasn't affected me too much. Just hope it stays that way.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:10 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut
JW - you should not visit MI this year - most of the Yoopers don't even want us lowlanders driving to the NLP or UP, let along nonresidents. Some cities up North have even asked residents in the SLP to forego using their northern vacation homes and cottages this summer (I thought that was a bit extreme/ballsy).

However, the number of COVID cases in the NLP and UP combined are (at least the last time I added them together) collectively less than 100, minus a few counties near Detroit that the DNR considers in the lower NLP.

The MI DNR is following the latest executive order which restricts travel, and the DNR has recommended everyone hunt 'locally' this year, which is as close to home as possible and definitely not traveling 4hrs to camp.
I hear you.
But I called the state asking to define the bolded word above and was given a distance.

Where I live - I fit that term easily.

Now that was the DNR, I didnt call the state police or the local sheriff.

The real killer so far is the snow depth.

JW