Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Can't wait!

Old 05-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Here are a few patterns. The white is using the Federal #9 and the black is using #7. Both at 40 Yrds and a Carlson Long Beard choke.

Using the #9s I ended up with 283 hits in a 10" circle and 159 in a 6". Didn't count the 7s
Those are impressive patterns. I'll be very curious to see all of the results. They're pricey but if they work that well and especially if they can extend your range a bit, they're worth it.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Bumping this to the top. I'm very curious to read any further results from patterning your SXP Kelly. That seems like a fun experiment that should produce a successful turkey gun.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Bumping this to the top. I'm very curious to read any further results from patterning your SXP Kelly. That seems like a fun experiment that should produce a successful turkey gun.
Sorry it has been awhile Cal, So far I have taken 2 birds with this set up using the 9s, The first bird I am a bit embarrassed because I misjudged the distance in an open field. Was sure he was at 40 but ranged back to where I was sitting and it pulled up as 54. Never flopped, Then last Thursday I finished the slam in Florida at 38 yrds with the same ending result.

I have been very impressed to say the least. I will give the #7s a try with the next bird to see if results are the same which I am pretty confident that it should be if the opportunity arises.

I did forget to mention that I sighted in with cheap bird shot shells and only needed to shoot 1 round of the tss while sighting to make sure it was good.