Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Badlands turkey vest

Old 02-27-2020, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Badlands turkey vest

The new turkey vest from Badlands gear is finally here! It includes a water bladder and carries (to the best of my knowledge) the Badlands lifetime warranty.

Writeup in American Hunter here: https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...s-turkey-vest/

Demo video of the vest recorded at the 2020 ATA show here:

From everything I can see, it looks like they took the solicited turkey hunter comments seriously. I contacted Badlands and they've just moved into a new facility, but the vests are in production and will be available sometime in March.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Have to see it in the store. They didn't demo enough stuff on it and it's a little pricey.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:30 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Turnoff for me immediately. Anything the color red anywear on the vest.
Every good turkey hunter knows not to wear the colors of red, white, or blue.

The Badlands front name plate has a shine to it.

I'll pass.

JW

Last edited by JW; 02-27-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that they should replace the red with yellow or green.

I posted this because Cal started a thread about vests - and this just hit the market...

From a price standpoint, most of the ALPZ and the new Primos vests range from 100-200, so it's expensive but the only one that carries a lifetime warranty against defects...

FYI - I emailed the company with your concerns JW. I had also noticed the red, especially the insignia on the call pocket (which is about waist height), but thought I might just be getting overly paranoid in my older age.

Last edited by Strut&Rut; 02-28-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the topic Strut. I did not know the vest had come out until you posted this. I know Badlands solicited a lot of input in designing the vest. Be interesting to see how their vest continues to change with feedback and if it causes some of the other manufacturers to step up their game.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:52 AM
Typical Buck

I just ordered one of those Tom Teaser call bags that I'm gonna try out. I've got so many dang calls that I can fill up all the pockets on both vests I own and this thing. LOL.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I contacted Badlands - the production vest has no red on it anywhere. The badge and logo are tan on black - the red was done for marketing purposes for the trade shows, so everyone walking by would recognize it as a Badlands product.

FYI, the main designers are turkey hunters who hunt public land, so they're aware of the concerns.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:11 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut
I contacted Badlands - the production vest has no red on it anywhere. The badge and logo are tan on black - the red was done for marketing purposes for the trade shows, so everyone walking by would recognize it as a Badlands product.

FYI, the main designers are turkey hunters who hunt public land, so they're aware of the concerns.
well that is good news. I clearly saw that as some brand managers idea to make the brand name stand out.
Retired from a career dealing with th those folks.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Hmm no place to carry my reaping fan I'll pass lol
Old 03-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I think even for promotion reasons highlightin it in red was a bad idea.Cause like posted here alot of people are goin to think that the red is permanent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.