Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Vest

Old 02-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Spike

Default Turkey Vest

I have not found any recent post that discussed what you are using for a Turkey vest. I am looking at buying one before season starts up and want to know what vest you use and if possible what you like or dislike about it. I am primarily looking for information about vest still on the market.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2020, 07:50 PM
JW
Super Moderator

While my vest is 25 yrs old or older let me say why I picked it.

Brand doesnt matter. Pick a vest that fits your needs.

Look at the calls you use. Then look at the pockets any given vest brand has. Will they hold your 'go to' calls?
Are they easily accesible?
Do they hold your calls secure and quiet?
The second thing I looked at was a drop down seat and how it fit me. (I'm big guy).

Lastly I looked for back support.

I also look at stitching points, strap width and buckle quality.

And do check body fit.

JW

Old 02-14-2020, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Go somewhere near you and try a few on. They will all work, but you will find 1 that you like best. The pockets will be it the right spot and it will be comfortable to you.
And if you do not
buy it there, you can get 1 online or buy a used 1. My vest has a comfortable seat and lots of pockets and everything is right where I like it.
good luck.