Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ISO Dead Turkeys

Old 05-21-2019, 06:58 AM
Spike

Smile ISO Dead Turkeys

Does anyone have a turkey hunt planned in the next few weeks that would be willing to ship your dead turkey to me? Looking to practice my turkey taxidermy work and need birds. I'll gladly pay & pay for shipping!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

good luck with the taxidermy practice. Hope you do well.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by tracycauley
Does anyone have a turkey hunt planned in the next few weeks that would be willing to ship your dead turkey to me? Looking to practice my turkey taxidermy work and need birds. I'll gladly pay & pay for shipping!

Why don't you go get a turkey license and kill one. Most people eat their turkeys. You may even be able to purchase a skin off a taxidermy website they sell all kinds of things.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

What about some road kill?
Maybe if it is not to messed up, and you found it soon enough.
not sure where you live, but there is always raccoons, armadillos are deer getting hit by cars.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Why don't you go get a turkey license and kill one. Most people eat their turkeys. You may even be able to purchase a skin off a taxidermy website they sell all kinds of things.
While I appreciate the suggestion, I’m looking to actually complete the entire process... from skinning to completion. I do have a hunting license and actually killed my limit of Easterns in Kentucky and Merriams in South Dakota this year. I wasn’t sure I would be able to take this taxidermy class, therefore ate the birds I killed instead of saving them. Thanks for the input though.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
good luck with the taxidermy practice. Hope you do well.
Thank you! I appreciate that!
Old 05-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bornagain64
What about some road kill?
Maybe if it is not to messed up, and you found it soon enough.
not sure where you live, but there is always raccoons, armadillos are deer getting hit by cars.

I’m just looking to perfect Turkey at this time, and around us. they just don’t end up dead on the road... and if they do, they are always pretty mangled. 😏
Old 05-22-2019, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck with your taxi class turkeys are alot of work and fun if alot of work is considered fun to you lol
I used to give my heads and occassionally a body to a buddy here but he retired and nobody close does them now. I always feel its a shame to waste all those beautiful feathers but I don't fly fish and have enough mounts now ! Good luck finding one like you I already processed my 7 birds from this season so no help here. Maybe check with some of the turkey outfitters or taxi near you and see if they have anything in the freezer that a client didn't take or pick up.

Last edited by Timbrhuntr; 05-22-2019 at 07:12 AM.