Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

410 for turkey ?

Old 05-12-2019, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have a bunch of buddies shooting .410's with home rolled TSS 9 or 10 shot and deadly to 40 yards if I had a 410 I would carry it without ant hesitation !
Old 05-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Spike

Default Works for me....

This Tom didn’t know what hit em a 410 or 3.5” 12.... but I can confirm it was a load of federal tss 9’s out of a stevens 555 410 with briley custom chokes both at 30 yards was more than enough. fun getting em close and a joy to shoot. Made the switch this year and won’t look back.
-Mo
Attached Thumbnails 410 for turkey ?-a3b09833-e189-46fb-ad77-69d11fdedf40.jpeg  
Old 05-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

like I said, a 410 can kill, but there isn't as much room for error, and with other larger gauges being more forgiving on human error , they tend to get used more often
folks have killed a lot of things with throwing rocks, but I'm not that skilled LOL
Old 05-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
like I said, a 410 can kill, but there isn't as much room for error, and with other larger gauges being more forgiving on human error , they tend to get used more often
folks have killed a lot of things with throwing rocks, but I'm not that skilled LOL
That's because you've never shot them with Pixie Dust !! If you had you would no there ain't no error involved except the poor turkey getting in range.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
That's because you've never shot them with Pixie Dust !! If you had you would no there ain't no error involved except the poor turkey getting in range.
hahaha, I'd be scared of pixie dust loads , never know what kind of fairy might show up LOL
Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Spike

That’s awesome CI!
Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by johnl
what's everyone's thoughts on this ? to me it seems WAY under powered
I think it is all the result of an advertising blitz by firearms and ammunition manufactures getting desperate after the boom years of Obama sales and every one is still stocked up to the gills. They don't give a flip about hunters, hunting, or anything else about the sport other than how it can help THEM pick YOUR pocket.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thinking something doesn't make it true.

And seeing is believing. Anybody that's messed with and used TSS, including from a .410, believes.

-Jake
Old 05-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Thinking something doesn't make it true.

And seeing is believing. Anybody that's messed with and used TSS, including from a .410, believes.

-Jake
Any one who posts on more than one or two forums can see the "410 for Turkey" posted on ever freaking forum on the internet from one end to the other. Cut n Paste jobs front to back at just the same time Federal and a few others started pitching them. Regardless if the state the forum is But for allows it for hunting or not. It is no different from the blitz they put on to get crossbows for deer, handguns for deer, rifles for deer, sell their timer activated deer feeders and apple flavored corn bait.

Only a fool couldn't see what is going on there. But hey, look at the dumb crap they already sell and people are buying it.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

You're right mr. Ryan, timbrhunter, CI and JW are clearly just marketing for federal. It's not like they have any real experience, hunt multiple states, or harvest lots of birds.

And don't get me started on them crossbows, scent sprays and trail cameras...

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.