Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Some Opinions This Pattern? >

Some Opinions This Pattern?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Some Opinions This Pattern?

Old 03-27-2019, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

We need a picture of that old turkey Slayer WV

-Jake
Old 03-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Spike

Will get one this eve. Never posted pics here though, this one's a test: Wife's monster Osceola from couple weeks ago::
Attached Thumbnails Some Opinions This Pattern?-tamfl19.jpg  
Old 03-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Spike

That's a good bird, bet she was happy with him. I bought the gun really for all purpose, throw in a turkey choke go hunt some old long beards. And can put back in a full or modified to hunt squirrel and rabbits with. All I know is so far under $200 with the choke and I'm pleased with the results so far. The guns even accurate with 3in slugs and a cylinder choke, like I said all purpose and will have no problem taking a turkey at 40 yards. Id like too see a pic of that gun also bud.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WVDanimal
Will get one this eve. Never posted pics here though, this one's a test: Wife's monster Osceola from couple weeks ago::

Thats a very nice bird. Heck of a rope!
Old 03-27-2019, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Nice thick heavy beard on that bird!

-Jake
Old 03-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

To your point WV, if you spend time finding what works for your gun, any old 'ugly' gun can perform in the turkey woods. And some will outperform guns that cost four times as much.

Here's my ugly Mossberg 500

Old 03-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Spike

Yeah just got to find what a certain gun likes the best. This was the last turkey I got, it's been a few years since I've been. Got started back in a fishing all the time and never did take the time to go after the turkeys. The spring crappie and striper run was a major reason I didn't go. But this year plan on laying the rods down and getting back after them. The gun I used on this one was a ****** M87 with 3in #6's, and the factory full choke. I believe it was around 30 yards on the shot. Gave it to my 13 year old cousin to hunt with. Another good budget gun that shot good.
Attached Thumbnails Some Opinions This Pattern?-fb_img_1553724622408.jpg  
Old 03-28-2019, 03:47 AM
Spike

2nd camo job done about 6 years ago before my trip to Kansas where I killed a double beard and another that had a 10" beard and not even a bump for spurs on either leg.
Attached Thumbnails Some Opinions This Pattern?-gun1.jpg  
Old 03-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Spike

Ain't nothing at all wrong with that gun, I bet it's took a many Turkey dinners home over the years. Now is this 120 Ranger? I might have to try one out myself, can never have to many guns.

I really collect a lot of the older budget guns but got to say that the best shooting one I've got now is a single shot. It's a old Iver Johnson made around 1905 but have killed 2 Turkey's at once with it. Was my grandpas old gun, I'm thinking it's a full choke 34in barrel. Don't use it much anymore need somebody to go over it and tighten it back up.