Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
10 Gauge Hammer of Thor. >

10 Gauge Hammer of Thor.

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

10 Gauge Hammer of Thor.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

A ways back, I was on some goose shoots in Sask, with a guy (Larry, SmartStick) who shot a 10ga pump. I think it was an old Browning. Sometimes more is more. The honkers were absolutely just swatted from the sky and his calling was superb. I seem to remember that Mossberg having an Ulti mag in 10ga.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

I,d luv to find a Marlin Super Goose.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
I get what you and many other people are saying. It's your personal experience and that has value. But in fairness, the OP only asked where he could find a 10 gauge. Cause he wants one. Judging by all of the posts on here about hunting with 10 gauge shotguns, apparently a few of you wanted one at one time also. For the OP, I checked Gunbroker.com and they have a few different used 10's for sale but they're pricey.
While I appreciate the fact the OP is asking where to find a 10ga - the question about a 10ga was posted to the Turkey Hunting Forum. Thus, I don't think the question is just 'where can I get a 10ga', but rather, 'where can I get a 10ga to hunt turkeys'. It is, after all, a turkey forum - we're not talking about pulling one out at a party to shoot at Hillary posters, or blasting geese or crows, or loading them with BBs to take out feral hogs.

A general firearm question could have been posted to the Firearms forum or even in the Classified/Wanted section...who knows, there may be a HN member ready to unload an old 10ga collecting dust...

Good luck with your search, may the shooting gods have mercy on your shoulder...
Old 03-13-2019, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut

Good luck with your search, may the shooting gods have mercy on your shoulder...
That is a valid point. Using the mobile version I don't always notice what section a thread is put in. And in this case I didn't notice.

As for the shooting gods, as far as the 10ga is concerned.....

-Jake
Old 03-13-2019, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I apologize if I put this on the wrong thread.I don,t want one just to hunt Turkey,s.I just got caught up in the moment on this Turkey forum and just posted it here.Like I said.I want one cause they are the ultimate Bad A##.For the record.I ain,t into huntin Turkey,s at distance.I like em in close.I have checked out some used gun sites but my question was for what manufacturers still make new ones.Thanks for the responses.I too figured it would be easy to order a Browning cause it is currently on their site.But a dealer told me that don,t see any of the Brownings as bein available anywhere.I mean any gauge and model of Browning s/guns.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

your best bet again will be to search online for a dealer that has one in stock, and then have it shipped to YOUR dealer of choice, or look in places like armslist.com, and maybe find a private sale of one
there are folks out there selling some, I even added a link with some for sale?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Other than Browning, I believe the only people producing a 10ga are private/independent gun manufacturers and gunsmiths.

FYI, the 10ga BPS is listed on the Browning site as a 'current production' model. It's available but probably a special order.

Like others have said, you'll find a wider variety of used makes/models on the various websites like gunbroker.com, etc.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

notice the recoil is not as bad as many people predict
as the action absorbs a good deal of recoil
Old 03-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcastonly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK71feh-Ewk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLDMCIS41I

notice the recoil is not as bad as many people predict
as the action absorbs a good deal of recoil
the recoil is there, that is a larger guy shooting it with decent form
ALL semi auto's will help absorb some of the recoil by the design, some better than others here.
Like it or not a 10 gauge has recoil
and more CON"S than Pro's
and this is why so few are sold and made

a semi auto will also make a 12 ga have less recoil
faster second shots ON target faster!
again NOT bashing the 10 ga, just giving honest info!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Both those guys shooting the Mag 10 are bigger than I am. I can tell you when I was using my 10ga. NEF Pardner and the shells from Nitro Company that the gun kicked far harder than the Mag 10 in the video. One morning when I shot a bird I seriously thought I had dislocated my shoulder. Used it for 4-5 years and sold it. It kicked far harder than my 300 WinMag does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.