Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
10 Gauge Hammer of Thor. >

10 Gauge Hammer of Thor.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

10 Gauge Hammer of Thor.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

yes the size or mass of the gentlemen , and his experience and familiarity with the mag 10 Ithaca,
operating that shotgun does matter, Im 6'3" 250lbs
and I can fire all three shots off with my mag 10, and HIT what I'm aiming at,( lets say a 5 gallon bucket at 50 yards, )
before the first empty 10 ga case hits the ground , but then I have over 34 years of practice,
Ive done that in practice lots of times using buckshot loads, in practice,.. just for giggles,
in the field its not a skill set you need,
a single 18 double 00 buck load, fired at my 35-40 yard self imposed max range,
does lethal things too hogs, as does a 3.5" 10 ga shell, of 2.25oz load of #2 on turkey at that range.
BTW I owned a single shot H&R break action 10 ga, it kicked FAR worse,

especially after I removed the steel weight in the stock,
I sold it to a buddy that really liked it, and for a few bucks more than it cost me,
but I threw in 100 loaded assorted. shells I had, it was money used to buy a 10 ga MEC reloader
and 500 empty cases to use in my ITHACA

Last edited by hardcastonly; 03-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

My ten has got to be one of the ugliest shotguns around.

it was ugly when I bought it, and it'll be ugly when I'm done with it.

But it'll provide plenty of smiles in the meantime.
-Jake
Old 03-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the links.I,ll check em out.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

One shop told me when they checked that they are not in stock anywhere and that they never get a straight answer from Browning when ever they ask when they will be.That is any weapon from Browning.Another large shop a couple hundred miles away said they have em on order but never knows when Browning will ship em.They all say Browning is terrible with given info on status on firearms.There is a fella also a couple hundred miles away from me that has a Ithaca Mag 10 but has,t figured out a price yet.The one shop told me the Mag 10 can be hard to find parts for and that the Rem SP10 has better parts availability.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
One shop told me when they checked that they are not in stock anywhere and that they never get a straight answer from Browning when ever they ask when they will be.That is any weapon from Browning.Another large shop a couple hundred miles away said they have em on order but never knows when Browning will ship em.They all say Browning is terrible with given info on status on firearms.There is a fella also a couple hundred miles away from me that has a Ithaca Mag 10 but has,t figured out a price yet.The one shop told me the Mag 10 can be hard to find parts for and that the Rem SP10 has better parts availability.
well to give yo some honest info
99.9% of all gun shops do NOT buy from Browning direct, very few do, , most all gun shops BUY from distributors, including when they do custom shop order
so any dealer that tells you Browning is HARD to deal with and or get guns from,, is maybe selling you a load of crap IMO
as odds are they are MAYBE just repeating info given to them from there sales person at the distributor they use most!/
take as you wish here, , I only had a gun shop and sold almost 20,000 guns! so a little experience in selling and ordering all types and brands of firearms

and YEs IMO the REM SP 10 was always easier to find parts , as well as ANY rem product over any browning product, be it rifle shotgun or>??
rem has better inventory , as well as better aftermarket support!
and again, BACK to the main reason your finding it hard to find 10 gauges, is most everyone agree's the SLIGHT gains they have are NOT worth the hassle
NOT bashing, just saying it like it is
if it was such a BIG improvement and worth the CON"
s more would be making and selling them
, but as is
the CON's out weight the pro's on a 10 ga over a 12!

the USED market is where you need to be looking, online sites and shop to shop
as I HIGHLY doubt any used 10 gauge was shot a lot and is likely in GOOD condition, so might be your best way to get one!

Last edited by mrbb; 03-22-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Your not paying attention.First off the dealers I talked to checked the distributers.Then when the distributers say out of stock the dealers talk to Browning about release dates and get no where.Like I said a million times this is all Browning weapons NOT just a 10 gauge s/gun.I said nothing about Browning parts availability.I was talking about the ITHACA MAG 10.You need to reread posts before you make incorrect statements.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
Your not paying attention.First off the dealers I talked to checked the distributers.Then when the distributers say out of stock the dealers talk to Browning about release dates and get no where.Like I said a million times this is all Browning weapons NOT just a 10 gauge s/gun.I said nothing about Browning parts availability.I was talking about the ITHACA MAG 10.You need to reread posts before you make incorrect statements.
NO I read what you wrote and understood it quite well
I added info based on things I KNOW
Browning parts were always harder to get than rem, that is MY experience
and a local gun shop can call Browning all they want and its VERY unlikely Browning will tell them crap
A BIG distributor is who you need the GUN shop to have contact browning,a s they move more of there product and would more likely get a better more accurate answer, than a smaller shop that doesn';t deal in volume!
MY info and advice here has been very accurate, your just not liking it! LOL
I have added links to a browning for sale already,
you have not followed up on that
I have told you, you need to FIND a shop that has one or a private seller, due to the fact Browning is NOT helping you find one!
I have said many times, I don;'t care what gun you want, or like, , like what you do, ALL is good with me
but again, ALL info and advice I gave was meant to HELP you find what you want and reasons WHY there harder or ?? to find /get!
I have been in the gun business a long time, and know a lot due to all the yrs I have been in it!
and kind enough to share to TRY and help you!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

you still have NOT said exactly what model 10 gauge you WANT, but here again are a few FOR sale RIGHT now, YOUR dealer of choice can get for you!

Browning semi

https://www.armslist.com/posts/96677...in-production-

browning pump's

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101104512

https://www.armslist.com/posts/93988...-g--plus-scope

single shot
https://www.armslist.com/posts/93988...-g--plus-scope
Old 03-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

how about some rem SP 10's ??

http://www.armslist.com/posts/957614...o-10ga-shotgun

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101185669