Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Contest

Old 03-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Gonna miss the contest, my team even won once! Thanks to all the past Captains and Moderators for all their hard work. And to all my fellow turkey hunting fanatics...may your gun go boom and not click!
Old 03-17-2019, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

That's unfortunate. At least I was on the winning team for the first time last year. Thanks a bunch for running the contest as long as you did. It was fun.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed the contest while it lasted. Thank you so much for all of the effort that you've put into it over the years! As it turns out, I was gonna hunt turkeys and enjoy it regardless of if there was a contest here or not...
Old 03-20-2019, 10:40 AM
Spike

I'm also sad to see this contest go. I am not particularly active on this forum and never really intended to be (I'm a reader, not a writer) but when I noticed this fun little contest was in obvious decline and I finally had a patch of land to myself for turkey hunting a few years back, I decided to join up and participate... if for nothing more than you guys knowing you had one more little supporter of your efforts out there. I was late to the game last year but still got in with no success. I was late to the game this year as well (again, not active here, and I don't let turkeys cross my mind until at least mid-March or I start losing too much sleep over the season) but I suppose this time it didn't really matter. It's a shame to know you guys used to run such a successful competition only to have watch it wane through the years. Forums as a whole are not what they used to be-- most people travel to social media now to discuss topics that forums were once built strongly around. Niche communities are hurt by this the most and it's not like hunting has been rapidly increasing in popularity through the years. It's a shame to think, but I doubt the contest will ever see entry numbers like you used to unless it starts getting advertised elsewhere.

I'll continue to do what I always have and watch this forum from the sidelines. Just know I've always appreciated the efforts of the guys who've put this great contest on for the community. It's been awesome to see what people have harvested through the years and it'll be great to see them continue posting success-- contest or not. Best of luck to everyone this spring season. Stay safe out there.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

I,m confused.How do you travel to social media?