Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Contest

Old 02-16-2019, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Somebody else is welcome to step up and run it .

But it's not going to be much of a contest with 6 people interested. If there was continued interest, they'd still be having it.

No offense was taken. Just saying that I think they made an informed decision based on member interest. And the amount of people that they would have.

-Jake
Old 02-16-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

I'll also add that I ran the youth deer contest and the squirrel contest long before becoming a mod or contest mod.

But it requires assistance from a mod to sticky posts etc. But if somebody wants to step up and run a contest, they are welcome to. As long as it follows HNI rules and reflects well on the hunting community.

-Jake
Old 02-16-2019, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elkman30
For Arrowmaster and Bocajnala, I am honestly not trying to "bash" either one of you or any of that other crap that bornagain guy is claiming. He's upset about something that sounds like it's from other people. I posted "no offense" and meant it. I've been here for a while and have watched the site's changes and slowdown. For people like bornagain, I am not implying you're the cause of it. Just because I don't participate in the turkey contests or any of the other contests doesn't mean I don't read about them and enjoy the posting. IIRC, Arrowmaster, you were a Contest Mod before becoming a SuperMod. I am sure being a SuperMod has lots of other duties involved for what is not a paid position. Again for bornagain, this is not meant as criticism, just an acknowledgement that your job prolly got a lot harder with a lot more stuff added to your duties. I am sure running a contest is a lot of work behind the scenes and not just posting here and there. Again for bornagain, not a criticism.

For bornagain, this entire paragraph below isn't criticism nor an attack either. this is what you call discussing an idea. Arrowmaster, maybe it's time for one of the other guys who do participate in the contest to consider becoming a contest mod and running the contest. I honestly don't know if any of them are interested or willing to do so. You could make the offer and none of them accept. But you would have made the offer and maybe a tradition on this website that we all spend so much time on would still continue. Maybe it would only run for another year or 2. Maybe it would take off. I don't know. I've been on this site for over a decade now. I lurked a lot and used to read it daily. It has slowed down. And that's not the fault of any of the current mods. People have stopped being mods for various reasons. New mods have come on board. Maybe, it's time to see if there's interest in a few members to become a contest mod. That was my original point which got lost with all the bashing by bornagain. If you guys are able to recruit a few new contest mods, maybe in time they will become Super Mods like both of you have. Again, for bornagain, that's not bashing and is actually a compliment. Your feelings tend to misconstrue a lot of my comments so I am "clarifying" them in advance so you don't drag the conversation downhill again.

So Arrowmaster, if you think there's merit in offering contest mod positions, maybe that will end of keeping a tradition alive around here. Which would be a good result.
Just so you know bornagain has always been respectful. I did not see any problems with his post or it would have been deleted by myself or another mod. As for the contest there is a contest mod and if he wants to run the contest I support him fully. This issue JW and myself have talked about for years and I mean years. We went from over 200 contestants down to around 30 contestants. WE have known for years the contest was doomed and you don't realize how much this contest meant to me.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

😥😰😢😭 and I understand.

I’ll share my results under Team Call N Cuss. Looking for 5 other guys.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I,d luv to be in a contest.I,m gonna see if my question was answered in the other thread.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

By not gettin any response after a couple requests on the other thread my question has been answered.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

All good things must end. Thanks again to everyone who has put this together over the years, I've really enjoyed participating and watching.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

While I surely can understand why, it saddens me to see this going away. I haven’t been in it as long as a lot of you have. But it’s been a lot of enjoyment over the years. The contest is one of the main reasons I keep coming back. Last year I was late coming on but still got on a team. I know it has to be a big pain with all the no shows that happens each year as well. Still I want to thank you folks for having them. These have helped me out a lot with turkey hunting. Everyone has shared a lot of great things info to everyone.. Thanks again for all you folks have done..
Old 02-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Arrow I KNOW first hand how much goes into running contests. You get no thanks and get all the whiners. It's a personal pain and if you are done I stand 100% beside you. I hate to see it gone, but absolutely know your character and the man you are.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:11 PM
car
Typical Buck

Sorry to see this contest go, it's been fun over the years. Being a long time participant, I too have seen the drop off of people entering this contest. I figured this day was coming. Most of the hunting forums that I belong to I seldom log on anymore, due to all the put downs and bickering that goes on. I've stayed with this site the longest, overall this is a good site with a lot of good people here. I'm not afraid to ask a question on here with fear of being attacked like on other sites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.