Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Not sure this year

Old 02-05-2019, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

All I can say and maybe I shouldn't even have a say as I pretty much gave up on this site when a certain faction seemed to be taking over . I have been on this site since day one. I didn't always hunt turkey but did get into the contest when I started. There was only one year that I actually was on a team that I enjoyed. In fact I still have a few people from that team that I hunt with today. They don't come here anymore either. I know some liked the random aspect of picking a new team each year but I didn't. The only turkey contest I am in is where you have 6 members and you stay together. You talk to each all year and it seems more intimate like buddies hunting together. We might not win but that is secondary. Although I don't like OG and there dictator my way of thinking or your gone leader but I do believe they run their contest this way to. Kinda gets rid of the people that show up to sign up then disappear they won't be back next year on the team . Plus I always thought the team size was too big. Anyway good luck guys and take what I say with a grain of salt lol
Old 02-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve been on the turkey contest for quite a few years and always look forward to it. The lack of participation accompanied with the amount of work it requires to run it would definitely make it a tough decision. I can’t speak for others but I know I don’t visit this site as often as I used to and that “certain faction” definitely played a big part in it. That being said, I have met some great people along the way and look forward to hunting with them in the not to distant future. I would hope the contest would continue but I surely understand if it went away. Thanks Kenny and JW.
Ray
Old 02-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I'd say there's a good chance Kenny and Dave could beat the rest of us lol
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 02-05-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

How does it work when we are from all over the country and not localized?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been on this site for almost 20 years, started when I was in graduate school before I even had kids. My oldest daughter has now graduated HS and is in the middle of a 'gap year' before starting the Honors program at Michigan State in the Fall.

I think the biggest problem facing this contest is that we ARE from all over the country and almost every state now has a hunting community/forum - that helps connect people within a few hours driving distance. Speaking with people that live near you is much more realistic and enticing for many hunters, especially those that only have a few weekends a season to get out and hunt. I personally enjoy hearing stories from around the country - but knowing what the birds are doing in Missouri the 2nd week of April doesn't do me any good when I hunt the month of May in Michigan...

I think there's probably enough interest to keep the contest going - but we need to have much smaller teams, maybe 5 members per team. Smaller teams = more competition = more smack talk.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
How does it work when we are from all over the country and not localized?

Well?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

I give up.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
Well?
you can read the 2018 contest and it will tell you how it workks
Old 02-27-2019, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

I would participate, in years past I enjoyed it.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:15 PM
car
Typical Buck

A little late in posting, but I would be interested in participating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.