Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Spring or Fall

Old 11-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spring or Fall

Finally, there is a turkey hunt starting next year here in the part of Nevada that I live. There have been hunts in other parts of the state, but with my school and work schedule, I have been unable to hunt during the seasons, so I haven' t even applied. Here, turkey is on a draw system. One area that I would like to hunt has 15 tags next spring, and the other area has 25 tags. Should I apply for a spring or fall hunt? The season for the spring is from April 3 to May 2 next year. Or should I apply for a fall hunt? In the spring you can only hunt until 1 pm, all day in the fall. Please respond. Any help would be great... tactics, tips, gear, etc. I' ve never turkey hunted, so all help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spring or Fall

i love spring hunting..the birds are alot more vocal and hunting is alot more fun imo but i havent got too serious about fall hunting.....fall kinda bores me to tell you the truth....either waiting for a flock to pass by or busting up a flock and trying to call them in....i like spring....nothing like a boss tom gobbling his head off and strutting his stuff.....good luck....tactics in the spring are rather easy.....i find birds by finding scratchings ect and then going in early one morning before sun up and listening for htem to gobble off the roost.....then i find the direction they head and typically the do that same thing daily...ill set up somewhere where they are usually headed off the roost and call them in using hen yelps purrs ect......we can get more into tactics after you decide what you want to apply for......
Old 11-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either way you decide you can' t lose.It' s all turkey huntin.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would put in for both fall and spring!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies, guys. The reason that I was wondering if I should apply for the spring or fall hunt is that in Nevada only allows a person to get one turkey tag a year, so if I get a spring tag, then I can' t apply for a year. Will probably apply for the spring hunt, and if I don' t draw, then I' ll apply for the fall hunt. Keep the ideas coming! Thanks.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well i havent gone turkey hunting yet but i am hoping to some info that i need so i can try it this coming Spring but hope to try Fall next year as well.

After a get the hang of turkey hunting with shotgun. Going to try to get one with a bow but first thing is first [:-]
Old 11-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

If hunting fall turkeys is more fun than hunting spring turkeys, SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE TO GO FOR IT!! We don' t have a fall season here so I' ve never tried it.

I love the spring sunrises accompanied by the melody of lusty gobbles! Go for the spring tag, you' ll be hooked.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

I perfer the Spring, but I still like the fall.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:00 PM

SPRING............................................ ......

Quick Reply: Spring or Fall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.