Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Carry lite. Turkey decoy legs >

Carry lite. Turkey decoy legs

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Carry lite. Turkey decoy legs

Old 01-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Spike

Default Carry lite. Turkey decoy legs

Hello,
i was recently given a CarryLite Jake decoy made in Italy. The shape is good, the painting is not. I see where the decoy has holes in the bottom for legs. I would like to obtain a pair, if the legs are the same quality as the body shape. These were made in Italy. I have obtained froma taxidermist an airbrush for painting and also I have a item suitable for the small jake beard. When completed properly this decoy should look as good a jake as some of the newer more realistic decoys available. I have been told that with this decoy, and a breeding position hen, and a feeding hen, these three should be all that is necessary. I invite your insights, also those from any turkey hunter who hunts in the mountains since I am in the Rockies.

Gene So
Old 01-08-2019, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

For one thing, turkeys can't count. A stake is as good as 2 legs. I've never had a turkey shy away from a decoy because of the correct number of legs present. Color is important, whether or not the decoy has legs are not. I made an old hen decoy into a jake by using tennis shoe paint to color the wattles red and the top of the head white and accenting the white wing bars. Works great.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, no need to get over zealous with the legs. A stick will work. As far as number and types of decoys in your spread, all dependent on the age, social status, and attitude of the live bird.