Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Nwtf

Old 01-18-2019, 05:03 PM
Spike

Default Nwtf

What is a nwtf banquet and what is happening at one meeting.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a fundraising banquet (for the National Wild Turkey Foundation) where you spend lots of money to support a good cause and try to win guns and other hunting gear. It's spendy but fun.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

I've been to a couple of these banquets. They're a lot of fun with pretty good food and drink. They have drawings mixed with auctions for all kinds of guns and other hunting gear. You're surrounded by other turkey hunters and it's a fun night out with the guys.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:31 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I go every year to a banquet somewhere. I am a Sponsor. This level I pay more but do get added benefits at the banquet as well as a Sponsor gift and a nice Tax deduction for what I spend.
At every level, member, Sponsor, or higher a portion of your banquet fee goes towards a NWTF membership and you will recieve a copy of the NWTF magazine that comes out quartely iI think. Good reading and some good tip articles. Also what is going on in other states.
THE NWTF is responsible for helping all states establish a turkey population.

Money well spent.
I also go one step further as I'm a Donor too. I make a few calls that I donate towards the banquet free. But also I do get a tax deduction slip for those items.

I support NWTF

JW

Last edited by JW; 01-19-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have been considerin joinin for awhile.It seems though here in Pa.some members have said they aren,t happy with the NWTF cause they want Rifles eliminated in the Pa.late fall season.They say they are over-steppin their bounds and don,t like the meddling.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
I have been considerin joinin for awhile.It seems though here in Pa.some members have said they aren,t happy with the NWTF cause they want Rifles eliminated in the Pa.late fall season.They say they are over-steppin their bounds and don,t like the meddling.

I do enjoy the PA fall season. Rifles included.

I've never been to one of the banquets. But I do believe the organization has done allot for turkeys, and for hunters.

-Jake
Old 01-20-2019, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been to a NWTF banquet, though I'am a donor, when I purchased a rifle iron sighted 12 gauge, 3" magnum, black laminated stock (black barrel and receiver) Winchester 1300 pump shotgun; with a NWTF engraved (turkeys included) receiver. Every time somebody bought that shotgun, Winchester donated a certain amount of money to the NWTF.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

You should go. They're a lot of fun. Maybe even get another gun.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

I was a member for years but after they pulled out of Canada when the Gov called them on proving their not for profit tax exempt status they pulled out..They were just taking the money the volunteers collected and not investing anything back into Canada. I also saw that they seemed to be doing more for their upper ranks than the hard working volunteers.Some great hunts if you were the CEO. As far as setting up most season in every state that's just a bs statement form the NWTF to build their falling rep !! Most states were already doing it but the NWTF did in the beginning when they meant something help move it along alot faster !

I will add that at the local level our banquets and the local people were great for helping in the area to get new hunts and help out new hunters we just never got anything in funding back like a one way street. We now formed the CWTF and all moneys go directly to the Wild turkey here !!

Last edited by Timbrhuntr; 01-21-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bearbow45
What is a nwtf banquet and what is happening at one meeting.
Dinner is included. There is a cash bar for drinks and beer. You sit at a round table, typically with other hunters and their families. You get a chance to meet with them, and maybe even find private land to hunt on or to learn about good public hunting land. There are raffles and auctions for a lot of guns and a lot of hunting related equipment and memorabilia. My wife and I usually go together every year. She is a non-hunter and enjoys it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.