Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Spring turkey, right around the corner >

Spring turkey, right around the corner

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Spring turkey, right around the corner

Old 01-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Phil, will they disappear come season???

Ohio late muzzleloader was this past week.

On Tuesday evening we had some crazy weather, including lightning and a tornado about ten miles away.

When that thunder started I had three birds near by gobbling their heads off. It was strange to hear thunder and gobbles while deer hunting

-jake
Old 01-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jake, yes they will have moved on come the spring breeding season. The entire flock will break up as they start fighting. I should be able to get a Tom to come back though and fight with a Jake decoy. Also I have a couple of other areas that I am planning on trying this year as well..
Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Just got my first kill tag.
1st Seadon Wi Zone 5

8 more to go.

JW
Old 01-15-2019, 11:26 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Will be taking my wife on her first hunts this spring. She returned to China today to visit family for the next month. So I'll take advantage by getting deer scouting done. But looking forward to taking her. Drew a Wisconsin Zone 2D & an Illinois 2nd season at JEPC. Two great areas I know very well. Will pick up some more leftovers soon.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

I was just checking out the Kansas and Nebraska web sites to see if the archery opener dates are out for 2019 yet time to start planning and buying tags soon.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

My wife has hunted the last three deer seasons with me and has taken four deer. I enjoy deer hunting with her, and we need the meat(her tags).

But I've reserved turkey season for myself.

Gotta have some alone in the woods time

-Jake
Old 01-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope too soon, still recovering from the fall seasons, going to my quiet place till April!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
My wife has hunted the last three deer seasons with me and has taken four deer. I enjoy deer hunting with her, and we need the meat(her tags).

But I've reserved turkey season for myself.

Gotta have some alone in the woods time

-Jake
Actually I like the reversed arrangement I got, because I don't run-n-gun turkey. I just sit in my blind over dekes if in a low pressure area. This will be convenient when toting the wife. But in the fall I have a ton of flexibility with my job, and can hunt for 2 months...........wherever I draw hunts out west, plus midwest for whitetails. My retired wife wants to live at her condo in China a few months/year so we negotiated Sept/Oct/Nov
Old 01-18-2019, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wild turkeys are my favorite hunting quarry...so hopefully, I'll be bringing out my crossbow and my ol'e wooden black laminate-stocked, Wild Turkey Federation engraved Winchester 1300, using 12 gauge, 3 inch Federal 3'rd degree, 5,6 & 7 hevi-shot loads.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

How many we got interested in doing the contest again this year.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.