Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Favorite way to eat/cook your turkey. >

Favorite way to eat/cook your turkey.

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Favorite way to eat/cook your turkey.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Favorite way to eat/cook your turkey.

What is your favorite way to cook your Turkey. Many years ago when I killed my first one I did it the traditional way. That was a fail. It ended up so dry I couldn't even eat it. After experimenting a few times on my next few turkeys I got it a little better but it still wasn't great. I then marinated and smoked the meat. Now I was getting somewhere. This was pretty good. Finally I seasoned and deep fried it. This was definitely my favorite and smoking the meat comes in a close second. Let's hear how everyone else likes their turkeys cooked!!!!!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fried...all day, every day.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default Favorite way to eat/cook your turkey

I breast the Turkey, slice the breast in 1/4" strips, marinade in Kraft Red Wine Vinaigrette all day. Then grill on aluminum foil until done. I like mine browned a bit. We all love it that way. That is the best way I have found I like it.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:39 AM
Spike

I've tried deep frying, way too tough. Grilled, way too tough. Back to the old slice it thin and fry it in the cast iron! Anyone come up with anything new, please post.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

My favorite way is to fillet the breast meat off the bone. Brine over night, wrap in bacon then smoke in an electric smoker.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 ways -

First, slice the meat into strips and marinate them overnight, and grill the strips, or make bacon wrapped poppers.

Second, brown the meat and cook it in a pressure cooker w/ beer & mustard. This works with the thighs & legs too.

Third, brown strips and braise in beer (or white wine) & green chile sauce. (w/ bay leaves, parsley, and pepper to taste.) This is my newest way.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Marinate with the needle injector so it gets all through the meat.

Then fry. So good.

-Jake
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I used to broil the whole breast in a baking bag with mixed vegetables & apple. But found it was too much at once for myself when I was single. But two years ago got married to a chinese gal from Sichuan, who quickly discovered it made a great substitute for pork in her stir fry. So most of ours now ends up Kung Pao turkey, which we both love. As a result, after harvest I now slice it in 1/2# fillets and vacuum seal it. She whittles away at it as she pleases.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

I breast mine out and when Im ready to cook it, I cut it into chunks. Then I batter it in Drakes batter mix and deep fry. Its always moist.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Spike

Brining the turkey has become almost commonplace. The brining process forces liquid and seasonings into the turkey meat, making each bit flavorful and tender. You have to plan ahead for this method since the turkey has to be kept cold while it's brining. A cooler will keep the bird at the correct temperature, but the refrigerator is the safest bet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.