Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
These Birds are addicting! >

These Birds are addicting!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

These Birds are addicting!

Old 11-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default These Birds are addicting!

I took a turkey a few years ago by basically pure luck... Last year was my first year actually seriously hunting them. I took a jake in Ohio and a nice big one in PA.

Fast forward to deer season and I find myself looking for good turkey set ups while deer hunting. Can't wait for spring!

These birds get in your head and you can't get them out!

-Jake
Old 11-25-2017, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Yes its very addictive. I love it and will continue to turkey hunt for as long as I can.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

It is a lot of fun.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:35 AM
JW
Super Moderator

For some (me, me, me,) it is a dang chronic incurable disease and which causes, constant hunting, stalking, talking, glassing, sitting, walking, crawling, conniving, and hopefully eating is the only potential cure.

My simple advice. Don't start!!

JW
Old 11-28-2017, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Most addicting thing sport to me. I'm addicted to the gobble. I love calling them in. Shooting one is just a bonus. I really like to put a bird in someone's lap that has never experienced it before. Now that I use a full strut decoy, he does most of the work for me.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Turkey hunting is certainly addictive. The calling back and forth is what makes it so much fun. When I first started elk hunting I got that same satisfaction since it can be very vocal.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Once you shoot your first, you're done, son."
--- an old guy at a gas station in Elmore Co, AL.

90 days 'til my spring season starts.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Ohio typically opens near the end of April. Got a while to wait!

-Jake
Old 12-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jake, you have no idea as of yet just how deep that sickness goes, I spent 25 years obsessed with them! done well but never quite good enough to feed the disease! wait till you get on and take a "BULL" gobbler (they sound like they have their head down the bung of a 55 gal. barrel when they gobble). once your hooked on them if you don't kill one in a season you feel like you failed, when you get to that stage your missing out on what turkey hunting is, was in that dark place for about 10 years till I started having fun again by taking kids hunting.
RR
Old 12-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Spike

Very addicting. I used to go every chance when I was younger and I still do but it is not as often. Nowadays I slow down a little and enjoy the whole experience and try to introduce it to someone else along the way. I love fooling one of those ole toms

Thanks

Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.