Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Learn To Turkey Hunt State Program >

Learn To Turkey Hunt State Program

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Learn To Turkey Hunt State Program

Old 02-15-2016, 05:04 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Learn To Turkey Hunt State Program

If you have never turkey hunted before and want to learn how to do this is a great place to start! And it's all FREE!

This program is located at the Lake Noquebay Sportsman's Club Middle Inlet, WI. It is our third year hosting this event along with the High Falls Chapter of NWTF.
Class is March 25 from 10 to 3 PM the Hunt is April 2 from dawn till noon.

The first day will be devoted to classroom and field training where participants will learn how to safely hunt wild turkeys
 The second day will be a mentored hunt (tags provided free of charge) that will apply the skills learned during the educational day
 Topics include patterning your gun, effective range, identification and habitat of wild turkeys, finding birds, finding land to hunt, calling, hunting from a blind, and much more!
 Every participant will be assigned a mentor that has at least 5 years experience. The mentor will be in the blind with the participant to answer questions and share knowledge throughout the morning.
 After the hunt all participants will get together for a free meal, share stories, and learn how to take care of a harvested bird.

Drop me a PM if you are in the area but hurry space is limited!

JW
Old 02-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great event. I would of loved to attend something like that when I first got the bug.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Do you work with this event JW? Just curious where do you take them for the mentored hunt and have the hunters had much success?? Sounds like a really great program!
-Jake